I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My dad has passed away

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 14:37
I'm sad to tell you that my dad passed away early this morning. It was very peaceful. Unfortunately he had an aggressive cancer and never stood a chance. We've had a difficult few weeks but at least he is now at peace.

This forum has been a lifeline for me. I have read and digested advice given to others and also followed the journeys of many members including David and Trevor.

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 16:13

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you get some comfort from knowing that you did everything you possibly could to support him x

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 16:47

Dear Bev,

I am so sorry to see your latest news.

Please accept my sincerest condolences. As you say, he is at peace now and out of pain.

I hope that once the dust settles you will be able to look back and enjoy the happy memories you and your dad made together.

He will always be with you, even when the memories dim a little, he will always be a part of who and what you are. He would have been (must have been) a very proud dad to produce such a caring daughter.

Best wishes to you and your family at this very sad time XX

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 18:33

Sadly there was nothing more that could be done in your Dad's situation. Cherish the good times and more happy memories. My sincere condolences.

Barry
User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 18:56

So sorry for your loss.. sad sad times please accept my condolences

Clare

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 19:33

So sorry to hear your sad news, my thoughts are with you.
Barbara x

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 19:37

Sorry to hear this. The last few months must have been really hard. Best wishes to you and your family.

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 20:12

Oh Scabbycat, I am so sorry to see your post. The strength you have shown since your dad was diagnosed will help you in the coming days and weeks and months.

You are in my thoughts x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 20:17

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family

Bri x

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 20:22

very sorry.radar xx

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 20:37
So sorry to hear of your loss please accept my condolences, thinking of you.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 21:25
Sorry to read of another man taken from the world. My condolences to you and family.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 21:37
So sorry to hear your news. Peace and strength to you.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 22:17
Oh what awful news, I’m so sorry

Please accept my sincere condolences xxx

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 22:22
So very sorry to hear your sad news, please except my sincerest condolences.

Debbie x

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 09:29

I’m so sorry to read your sad news, please accept my sincere condolences. Janet, x

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 09:38

I’m so very sorry to be reading this news, You and your family are in my thoughts

Viv
X

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 12:58

Dear Bev, sincere condolences on your sad loss. Your dad's suffering is now over but all the happy times you shared together will live on.
Tom xxx

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 14:12

I really know how you feel Sorry for your loss ,my husband Trevor passed away 4th January after a 12 year battle .My thoughts are with you .

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 20:26
Hi Bev,

Not sure what prompted me to look in on the forum this evening , i am so sorry to read your news please accept my condolences.

Another man down .

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 18 Jan 2018 at 21:25

More sad news - so sorry.

Barry
User
Posted 21 Jan 2018 at 21:29

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad to this but now I've got it. This site is so good for victims which is exactly what we all are, xxxx

User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 10:32
I’m so sorry for your loss. This is heartbreaking x
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 16:13

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you get some comfort from knowing that you did everything you possibly could to support him x

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 16:47

Dear Bev,

I am so sorry to see your latest news.

Please accept my sincerest condolences. As you say, he is at peace now and out of pain.

I hope that once the dust settles you will be able to look back and enjoy the happy memories you and your dad made together.

He will always be with you, even when the memories dim a little, he will always be a part of who and what you are. He would have been (must have been) a very proud dad to produce such a caring daughter.

Best wishes to you and your family at this very sad time XX

Sandra

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 18:33

Sadly there was nothing more that could be done in your Dad's situation. Cherish the good times and more happy memories. My sincere condolences.

Barry
User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 18:56

So sorry for your loss.. sad sad times please accept my condolences

Clare

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 19:33

So sorry to hear your sad news, my thoughts are with you.
Barbara x

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 19:37

Sorry to hear this. The last few months must have been really hard. Best wishes to you and your family.

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 20:12

Oh Scabbycat, I am so sorry to see your post. The strength you have shown since your dad was diagnosed will help you in the coming days and weeks and months.

You are in my thoughts x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 20:17

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family

Bri x

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 20:22

very sorry.radar xx

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 20:37
So sorry to hear of your loss please accept my condolences, thinking of you.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 21:25
Sorry to read of another man taken from the world. My condolences to you and family.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 21:37
So sorry to hear your news. Peace and strength to you.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 22:17
Oh what awful news, I’m so sorry

Please accept my sincere condolences xxx

User
Posted 16 Jan 2018 at 22:22
So very sorry to hear your sad news, please except my sincerest condolences.

Debbie x

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 09:29

I’m so sorry to read your sad news, please accept my sincere condolences. Janet, x

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 09:38

I’m so very sorry to be reading this news, You and your family are in my thoughts

Viv
X

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 12:58

Dear Bev, sincere condolences on your sad loss. Your dad's suffering is now over but all the happy times you shared together will live on.
Tom xxx

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 14:12

I really know how you feel Sorry for your loss ,my husband Trevor passed away 4th January after a 12 year battle .My thoughts are with you .

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 15:14

My condolences to you too quantum on the recent sad loss of your Trevor. X

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 15:21

Oh no Quantum, I am so sorry. But then what a man your Trevor was - with a starting PSA of 3500 he did really well and his willingness to take part in trials means that men in the future will have much to thank him for even if they don't know it.
Take care of yourself x

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 15:29

Thankyou so much xx

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 20:15

Dear quantum so sorry for your sad loss. It would appear that Trevor put up a hell of a fight over the last 12 years. My sincere condolences and best wishes for the future.
Tom xx

User
Posted 17 Jan 2018 at 20:26
Hi Bev,

Not sure what prompted me to look in on the forum this evening , i am so sorry to read your news please accept my condolences.

Another man down .

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 18 Jan 2018 at 21:25

More sad news - so sorry.

Barry
User
Posted 21 Jan 2018 at 21:29

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad to this but now I've got it. This site is so good for victims which is exactly what we all are, xxxx

User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 10:32
I’m so sorry for your loss. This is heartbreaking x