I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pain after RP

User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 13:53
Hi, I’ve had RP nearly 5 weeks ago but seem to have quite a lot of pain from around the base of my penis and scrotum, I’m half way through a course of antibiotics for a urine infection which I presume is causing the stinging in my penis. I’m 68 so don’t expect repairs to be instant but can’t find any comments regarding residual pain in that area. Still having problems with leakage and continuing with the exercises and hopefully that will improve but I would be please to hear from anyone with the same symptoms.

Many thanks.

User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 14:51

Hello Peter,

It seems a long time to you but realistically 5 weeks isn't long at all.

Your insides have been drastically bullied not to mention cut, and even a fit young man would still be feeling it at only 5 weeks.

The fact that you have had an infection isn't helping either. Leakage is one of those annoying things. Some men find they are dry very quickly, for others it's a longer haul and you just have to be patient for a while.

I expect some of those who have been through RP will be along to advise you and in the meantime I wish you a speedy recovery

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 20:31
Bosch man - I had terrible stinging in my urethra for weeks. I had a few courses of antibiotics. In the end, it just took time. Hopefully, things will improve for you soon.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 21:04

As part of having the op you have also had a vasectomy, even if you had one of those years ago! Men can experience pain & discomfort in the scrotum & surrounding area for quite a number of weeks after vasectomy and so it shouldn't be a surprise after RP.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Jan 2018 at 08:09

Had my RP on the 13th December. I was lucky as the pain subsided after a couple of weeks. Still having problems incontinence problems. Good luck with your recovery.

User
Posted 23 Jan 2018 at 08:44
I had penile pain for 5 or 6 weeks after the op if I remember right.

It eases up for sure but I found I had many small aches and pains for a long time as my body adjusted to its new state

Edited by member 26 Jan 2018 at 00:07  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 14:51

Hello Peter,

It seems a long time to you but realistically 5 weeks isn't long at all.

Your insides have been drastically bullied not to mention cut, and even a fit young man would still be feeling it at only 5 weeks.

The fact that you have had an infection isn't helping either. Leakage is one of those annoying things. Some men find they are dry very quickly, for others it's a longer haul and you just have to be patient for a while.

I expect some of those who have been through RP will be along to advise you and in the meantime I wish you a speedy recovery

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 20:31
Bosch man - I had terrible stinging in my urethra for weeks. I had a few courses of antibiotics. In the end, it just took time. Hopefully, things will improve for you soon.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 22 Jan 2018 at 21:04

As part of having the op you have also had a vasectomy, even if you had one of those years ago! Men can experience pain & discomfort in the scrotum & surrounding area for quite a number of weeks after vasectomy and so it shouldn't be a surprise after RP.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Jan 2018 at 08:09

Had my RP on the 13th December. I was lucky as the pain subsided after a couple of weeks. Still having problems incontinence problems. Good luck with your recovery.

User
Posted 23 Jan 2018 at 08:44
I had penile pain for 5 or 6 weeks after the op if I remember right.

It eases up for sure but I found I had many small aches and pains for a long time as my body adjusted to its new state

Edited by member 26 Jan 2018 at 00:07  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2018 at 17:03

Thank you for all your comments it certainly helps if you know other patients had the same problems, good luck to you all.

User
Posted 23 Jan 2018 at 19:30
Hi Peter,

Had my rp 3 weeks ago. Am 59 and physically active.

Stinging is quite intense without any infection.

Leakage is on going issue but like you am doing exercises.

Am currently not doing anything more than short walks.

Time I hope will heal.

Best wishes.

JDtegs
User
Posted 25 Jan 2018 at 15:26
Hi Jdtegs, thanks for your comment I’m getting more active bit by bit,

but the stinging takes you by surprise

and the stress incontinece is now more of a problem.

I think it will be ages before I’m on my pushbike!

Keep thinking IT will get better,look after yourself.

User
Posted 25 Jan 2018 at 18:05
Hiya Boschman,

I'm over two and a half years post RP now but I can remember a strong feeling of something heavy in the penis base and scrotum along with slight sorenes after my operation.This however, resolved itself after a couple of months. Since then I have had a few episodes of epididymis which seem to alternate between the testicles, but always clear up after a few days. One bloke told me he caused problems by trying to continue Kegel exercices with catheter in situ. I'm sure you will be alright.

All the best,Paul.