I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

SURVEY - how much can you hold?

User
Posted 30 Jan 2018 at 11:59

Just asking how much does your bladder hold until you really get the urge that you need to pee? 

Mine can be I reckon around 700-800ml as this is the amount I pee when I really have the urge to go.  I’m assuming if you had a larger prostate then you would be going more often and urinating less each time?  Is that right??

User
Posted 30 Jan 2018 at 17:20

Talk to your doctor about this. He knows you and your body far better than anyone on here. In general terms, an enlarged prostate squeezes the urethra and may interfere with the sphincter valves operation, resulting in intermittent and limited flow. But I repeat, speak to your doctor instead of posting theoretical questions on this site.

AC

User
Posted 30 Jan 2018 at 17:26

All bladders hold about the same amount - it is the messages the bladder sends to the brain and the brain back to the bladder that varies from person to person. I drink about 20 mugs of tea a day and empty my bladder about twice a day unless it is very cold weather in which case I can wake up in the night feeling cold and then I need to wee before I can go back to sleep. As I have said to you already, your symptoms are classic for overactive bladder and so bladder retraining or dealing with whatever anxiety is waking you up would probably solve your problem

Edited by member 30 Jan 2018 at 17:27  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Feb 2018 at 00:49
Well it may sound weird but my bladder can hold 1.5 litres at full capacity

Since this disease took me though anything near that is an emergency

Edited by member 02 Feb 2018 at 23:36  | Reason: Not specified