I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA blip

User
Posted 30 Jan 2018 at 19:45
I posted recently that my PSA was down to 0.92 on pre chemo bloods just before 8th cycle. Pre chemo bloods just before 9th cycle now show slight rise to 1.04. This is my first rise since I started oh HT in may 2017. Mind you,that was 4000! My key worker seemed unfazed and said it was a blip. Has any one else had a blip then gone back to it dropping!
Thanks
User
Posted 30 Jan 2018 at 23:09

It is such a tiny rise - you could have a bit of infection, you may have been high on adrenaline, the machine could have been calibrated since your last test. It is too small a rise to be indicative at this point in your treatment programme - it will be the trend over the next few tests that matters. Also bear in mind that some prostate cancer cells give off some PSA as they are dying.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 30 Jan 2018 at 23:26

Hi mate. Just finished my 10th and  last session of chemo today and i had a blip when my psa rose slightly after falling steadily through out my treatment but it was only on one go. Around my 4th or 5th infusion  but ever since then it has steadily fallen again i was told it was quite normal to have a blip ..My psa starting chemo was no were near as high as yours 19.7  but now down to 0.1 ..so i hope it was just a blip and wish you all the best for the rest of your treatment ..take care kevo..

User
Posted 31 Jan 2018 at 16:01
Lynne and kdo.thanks for your replies.