I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Zoladex 10.8

User
Posted 06 Feb 2018 at 17:10
I was diagnosed as a high risk PCa case, and have had 37 sessions of RT and been on Zoladex injections for 16 months. The doctors said that at 78 years old, my only option is RT and ADT (Zoladex for 30 months)

Last several weeks, red rashes and spots have appeared on both my legs and feet. Are these side effects of Zoladex? They only started last few weeks although I have had 6 Zoladex injections now. There's no itch or other sensations, just red rashes and spots.

Anybody out there experienced such rashes and spots? What to do with them?

User
Posted 06 Feb 2018 at 17:56

Hi Stan,

Look under 'SKIN' at 6.3 of Astra Zeneca's site for possible side effects of Zoladex :- WHOLE BODY – Abdominal pain, Back pain, Flu syndrome, Headache, Sepsis, Aggravation reaction
CARDIOVASCULAR – Angina pectoris, Cerebral ischemia, Cerebrovascular accident, Heart failure,
Pulmonary embolus, Varicose veins
DIGESTIVE – Diarrhea, Hematemesis
ENDOCRINE – Diabetes mellitus
HEMATOLOGIC – Anemia
METABOLIC – Peripheral edema
NERVOUS SYSTEM – Dizziness, Paresthesia, Urinary retention
RESPIRATORY – Cough increased, Dyspnea, Pneumonia
SKIN – Herpes simplex, Pruritus
UROGENITAL – Bladder neoplasm, Breast pain, Hematuria, Impotence, Urinary frequency, Urinary
incontinence, Urinary tract disorder, Urinary tract infection, Urination impaired
The following adverse events not already listed above were reported in patients receiving ZOLADEX 3.6 mg
in other clinical trials. Inclusion does not necessarily represent a causal relationship to ZOLADEX 10.8 mg.
WHOLE BODY: Allergic reaction, Chills, Fever, Infection, Injection site reaction, Lethargy, Malaise
CARDIOVASCULAR: Arrhythmia, Chest pain, Hemorrhage, Hypertension, Migraine, Myocardial infarction,
Palpitations, Peripheral vascular disorder, Tachycardia
DIGESTIVE: Anorexia, Constipation, Dry mouth, Dyspepsia, Flatulence, Increased appetite, Nausea, Ulcer,
Vomiting
HEMATOLOGIC: Ecchymosis
METABOLIC: Edema, Gout, Hyperglycemia, Weight increase
MUSCULOSKELETAL: Arthralgia, Hypertonia, Joint disorder, Leg cramps, Myalgia, Osteoporosis
NERVOUS SYSTEM: Anxiety, Depression, Emotional lability, Headache, Insomnia, Nervousness,
Somnolence, Thinking abnormal
RESPIRATORY: Bronchitis, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Epistaxis, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Upper
respiratory infection, Voice alterations
SKIN: Acne, Alopecia, Dry skin, Hair disorders, Rash, Seborrhea, Skin discoloration, Sweating
SPECIAL SENSES: Amblyopia, Dry eyes
UROGENITAL: Breast tenderness, Decreased erections, Renal insufficiency, Sexual dysfunction, Urinary
obs

Barry
User
Posted 06 Feb 2018 at 18:05

Hi Stan,

I was on Zoladex and had RT and suffered these red spots.

Someone posted a similar question a few months ago, which suggests it is a common side effect.

Mine are well concealed so I'm not bothered and assume they will disappear in time.

G

User
Posted 07 Feb 2018 at 02:15

Hi Stan,

Me too.  I suffered red patches on my legs.  I think it's just something you have to live with if you're on Zoladex. 

I had a heart attack during my time on HT.  That's worse.  I don't think I can really put the blame on Zoladex but it probably didn't help the situation.

Good luck with your treatment.

Steve

User
Posted 07 Feb 2018 at 09:35

not good i dread going back on zoladex as i look as if ive got anorexia.

User
Posted 07 Feb 2018 at 17:00

Strange how Zoladex has differing side effects on men. I think rash is not very common. Certainly, I didn't experience it, although I did have some of the other usual SE over 8 months but also put on weight despite still playing short tennis twice a week.

Barry
User
Posted 08 Feb 2018 at 11:42

As it's 18 months since you started the Zoladex, do consider other possibilities!

User
Posted 11 Feb 2018 at 15:35
Thanks, Barry. Yes, the list of cited side effects is as long as my arm and leg. Strange that they appeared only about 16 months after my first Zoladex injection.

I wonder if others who suffer rashes and spots also apply Elocon which contains 0.1% cortico steroids , prescribed by my doctor. Is applying Elocon necessary? Any other treatment, hopefully without steroids?

One other person in this group suggested just living with the rashes. But will they damage the skin and collagen? At 79 now, the skin is thin and wrinkly enough without further aggravation.

Would appreciate hearing other persons' experience with such rashes and treatment, if any.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2018 at 15:51
Hi Graham

Did you have any treatment for your red spots which are likely caused by Zoladex? Did your doctor say anything about these spots?

More importantly, do your spots spread? More spots showing up? And the spots continue to be there? Do not fade or change?

Apologies for giving you the "third degree treatment " but I am hoping to understand my own situation.

Unfortunately mine are not only spots but also quite big red patches, which drove me to see the doctor who then prescribed Elocon.

Thanks, Graham

User
Posted 11 Feb 2018 at 17:09

Hi Stan,

I was on Zoladex for 6 months only, which expired end of November 2017.

I have red spots only, like small blood blisters, vivid in colour but no rash, and these were limited to the scrotum.

They’re still there, maybe not as many as I remember. They haven’t spread and give no pain so I didn’t seek treatment for them.

I hope you find a solution Stan

G