I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just spoke to oncology nurse on telephone

User
Posted 12 Feb 2018 at 18:48
Hi guys, I have just spoken to a nurse on the phone as he wanted to go through a few things with me after my wife phoned the hospital to explain that I was not dealing with my diagnosis very well.He explained that my case is to reviewed by a MDT panel tomorrow to see what they can do for me.He said that he was 99% sure I would remain on the cyperetone acetate and have chemotherapy as well at the same time.I wondered if anyone can tell me if this is a good idea or the reasons why.I still remain devastated by my diagnosis of advanced PC and struggle to cope and continually break down.Hopefully someday I’ll get my head around it.Thanks guys,Mick.
User
Posted 12 Feb 2018 at 19:27
Mick, I was diagnosed last May with widespread through the bones and incurable. My Wife and I also broke down and it’s taken me pretty much the last 9 months to be able to get my head generally straight. Still have some pretty difficult moments but I can assure you that a degree of normality will eventually return. Stay strong
User
Posted 12 Feb 2018 at 19:09

Mick, it would help us all to advise you but we knew more of your case. I'd suggest putting details of your diagnosis in your biography. With what you have written so far it is impossible to guide you!

AC

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Feb 2018 at 19:09

Mick, it would help us all to advise you but we knew more of your case. I'd suggest putting details of your diagnosis in your biography. With what you have written so far it is impossible to guide you!

AC

User
Posted 12 Feb 2018 at 19:27
Mick, I was diagnosed last May with widespread through the bones and incurable. My Wife and I also broke down and it’s taken me pretty much the last 9 months to be able to get my head generally straight. Still have some pretty difficult moments but I can assure you that a degree of normality will eventually return. Stay strong
User
Posted 12 Feb 2018 at 19:44
Thanks for the reply and advice I’ve updated my profile.i was diagnosed feb 18 with psa46 and 2 bone mets (shoulder and thigh).I haven’t as yet had a biopsy and the diagnosis was from the MRI scan and bone scan.Regards Mick.