I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Cannabis CBD oil

User
Posted 08 Mar 2018 at 10:42
Hi could I ask if any members have had any experience of taking this oil , good or bad , or is it just a rip off. I’m not talking cheap Hemp oil , but the really expensive refined stuff £54 per tiny bottle. Just interested thanks
User
Posted 08 Mar 2018 at 12:50

Hi Chris

Having done a lot of reading on this, it seems that it's the THC cannabis oil that may have any effect on PCa rather than CBD. Sadly, there's still an absence of reliable information or tests. My first questions are how much, how often, how to apply (apparently directly, which means rectal insertion!), to which there are no real clear answers. My feeling is I'm going to ignore it.

User
Posted 14 Jan 2020 at 13:27

Hi Chris,

Did you continue with CBD Oil with any success?

I started taking it after the Bill Turnbull documentary over two months ago and have my first PSA tomorrow since then. I will interested to see if there are any early signs of positive effects.

Best wishes

Mark

User
Posted 14 Jan 2020 at 14:08

My recollection is that it didn't work in the Bill Turnbull documentary, although that's unscientific.

User
Posted 14 Jan 2020 at 15:15
I took it primarily for my tragic knee pain. It seemed to work for a while then stopped. It was giving me bad gastric issues so I stopped it. Was only on it say 4 months. It did not impact my constantly rising psa
User
Posted 14 Jan 2020 at 23:19

I bought this for my dad the CBD oil from boots.  The strongest one was 2000mg and cost £70 per bottle. 

He took it for 3 months and reported he felt different, more relaxed but unsure if had effect on his cancer.  

His PSA was 225 and went down to 171,  but this might be due to the radium 223 he was having. 

The CBD increases appetite and reduces anxiety so may be helps, difficult to confirm.   

I know it helps with knee pain as it comes as a balm too. 

User
Posted 14 Jan 2020 at 23:28
Snake oil or worse, Dr 'Snuffy' Myers concluded that CBD oil accelerates prostate cancer and since he is one of the world's leading authorities, he probably didn't pull that idea out of thin air. He did say that CBD oil can help with chemo side effects and with pain management in the advanced stages but should be avoided before then.

I am a bit surprised the PSA only fell from 225 to 171, MBS - did it continue to fall after that?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 15 Jan 2020 at 10:40

That is a worry Lyn!?, however, I had done a bit of research before starting the CBD oil and there seems plenty potentially positive said about it in reputable places e.g De Petrocellis (link below). As always tho the conclusion always points to more research needed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570006/pdf/bph0168-0079.pdf

User
Posted 15 Jan 2020 at 23:33

Talking of CBD oil my poor dad has requested it this evening.   He is very restless and won’t sleep since being told his life span. 

So must be doing something for him. 

His hospital messed up his pain control during his stay.   So we are trying to get him sorted with Morphine.  

The CBD oil relaxes him and makes him feel calmer.  

After 5 doses of Radium 223 the PSA went from 225 to 171.   It has not  been measured since as he only has 4 weeks to 3 months left. 

I am annoyed as they failed to measure his PSA after the 3rd radium injection.   So the  4th and 5th may have been best avoided as they finished him off. 

I have such anger and will be going through my dads medical records in detail.  
How hard is it to measure PSA while undergoing radium 223?   It’s the basics. 

Why was my poor dad not offered urinary bag earlier he was going to the toilet 20 times per night and his oncologist did nothing other than say we will deal with the cancer first.  

what about just offering him a damn urinary bad and catheter that would have helped him. 

User
Posted 16 Jan 2020 at 00:23
It is understandable to be angry but try to get a full understanding of what is normal practice before you launch any complaints, so that you can focus on the valid issues rather than any red herrings. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you might want to check what choices your dad made - it would be rare for medics to make decisions against your dad's wishes so perhaps he indicated that he didn't want a catheter - many men would avoid a catheter at any cost.

I don't think PSA is measured routinely during radium as it isn't expected to reduce the PSA. Radium's main purpose is to target bone mets and reduce bone pain in men who are at end of life stage and have exhausted other treatments. They should have been doing a blood test before each session to check his blood count (bone marrow function) though.

If Dr Myers is correct, it could have been the CBD oil rather than the radium that accelerated the disease? I don't think radium 223 is known for causing lymphodema.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Jan 2020 at 12:06

Just to report that in fact my PSA has risen from 3.6 to 4.2 which is its highest percentage increase to date.

Whilst this may have been affected by my trial of CBD oil equally there could have been other factors (that I would be unaware of). On balance, I have decided that I need to stop the CBD as I cannot justify finding that in another 3 months there is a further increase. 

It is a shame and I know this is anecdotal evidence but my (short) trial of CBD oil has not shown benefit.

Mark

User
Posted 08 Sep 2020 at 13:49

An interesting thread. I have been on AS for a year and considering CBD. I have spoken with men who are taking it and reporting positive results but, of course, the CBD may not be causing the results.

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 13:24

Ah well, life moves on and some things become totally irrelevant. My PSA suddenly lifted up to 13.7, my relationship and sex life ended, therefore time to have surgery on 25th April 2022. It went as well as could be expected. Incontinence cleared up after about 2 months, erections are still poor but serviceable!

I am now in a new, very active and beautiful relationship (lucky me).  But, and it is a BIG BUT, my PSA has doubled every 3 months: 0.025, 0.05, 0.14. This means that I will cross the threshold in 3 months time. A terrible disappointment. I have not had a discussion with my surgeon or team but it is likely I will need salvage radiotherapy this year.

Despite the disappointment, I have moved on. Emotionally, I am solid. I am doing fantastically well. I started a daily gratitude meditation and practice about 8 months ago. I built a powerful and incredibly positive mindset from this foundation of gratitude. My heart feels open. I am a more loving, compassionate and generous person than I was a year ago.  My life feels better than ever. I have so many opportunities to enjoy this beautiful life. 

If anyone is interested here is a link to the meditation that has helped me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfD4HaBBc0I&t=1s&ab_channel=JessicaHeslop-ManifestbyJess

I wish all you men strength on this challenging journey.

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 22:46

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Having done a lot of reading on this, it seems that it's the THC cannabis oil that may have any effect on PCa rather than CBD.Sadly, there's still an absence of reliable information or tests

There's references to studies in another thread in the forum but the results are inconclusive. Maintaining high levels of THC might not be very practical for normal day to day life, though for those who nearing the end of their life THC could be a comfort. Similarly, psilocybin can apparently have considerable value to the mental strength and insight of those facing their own inevitable death.

The cost of the processed stuff is pretty absurd.

Jules