I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Massive prostate but young and low PSA

User
Posted 10 Mar 2018 at 23:01
Hi. Went for biopsy yesterday due to abnormal DRE and poor flow, pelvic numbness and ED for a few months which has got worse.

Doctor said my prostate was enormous. 145mm x 67 mm so increased chance of false negative.

All very frustrating and another 2 or 3 weeks before results.

It's the waiting that's doing my head in. What's the chances the enlarged prostate is causing all symptoms and there's no cancer?

Am 45 years old and PSA is less than 1. Am I right to take comfort in That? Any thoughts / opinions welcome
User
Posted 11 Mar 2018 at 00:35

Well it is certainly possible that the symptoms are down to the huge prostate - I hope the urologist has also booked an MRI scan for you? Did anyone tell you exactly what was abnormal about the DRE?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 11 Mar 2018 at 09:38
Had MRI but was inconclusive. DRE had right lobe as abnormal (rough texture and hard rather than smooth and soft)
User
Posted 12 Mar 2018 at 00:32

Surprised that MRI was done so close to biopsy. Normally, a few weeks is allowed between these so the Prostate can heal to enable a clearer MRI scan.

Now for the biopsy lab results.......

Edited by member 12 Mar 2018 at 00:33  | Reason: Not specified

Barry