Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tiredness with Brachytherapy?

User
Posted 15 Mar 2018 at 20:16
Hi all,

My first time to post here. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Was diagnosed November 2017 and had brachytherapy on 12 Jan 2018. So just over 2 months into treatment.

Have been feeling pretty severely fatigued since.

Had my first follow up appointments today. When I told the consultant that my main symptom was fatigue he dismissed this as not being a side effect of brachytherapy. He was adamant brachytherapy does not cause tiredness.

Have to say his reaction has left me pretty confused and very surprised. I understood from reading the literature provided by the hospital that fatigue was a brachytherapy side effect......

Is there anyone out there able to share their experience ?

Thanks very much

WS

User
Posted 16 Mar 2018 at 00:49

Fatigue isn't a known side effect of brachy. However, if you had a general anaesthetic to have the seeds implanted, it could be a side effect of the GA is just hanging around for you a bit longer than it would for most people. The most likely explanation is probably the emotional impact of being diagnosed with cancer, having treatment and then being hit with the aftershock.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Mar 2018 at 00:50

PS - there isn't any detail on your profile - are you on hormone treatment as well?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard