Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Bipolar Androgen Therapy (BAT)

User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 09:47
Good luck with the call hope you get what you want...
User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 11:06
I hope with such a small rise you get to keep this going Si.

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 10 May 2018 at 00:14

So how did the conversation go?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 May 2018 at 11:16

So my BAT therapy has come to an end, much to my annoyance.

So back to my old thread simon story chapter 2.

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 10 May 2018 at 12:53
Sorry to hear that Si.

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 10 May 2018 at 20:13

Gutted for you, my friend, but no-one will ever say you were timid xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 May 2018 at 21:24

Sorry to read this Simon.

dave

User
Posted 10 May 2018 at 22:51
So gutted for you, I know how much you wanted it to continue, let's hope it's had some effect.

All the best

Roy

User
Posted 10 May 2018 at 23:20

Thank you for documenting. Much appreciated and sorry it dodn’t Getvto play out in full.

User
Posted 11 May 2018 at 18:15
Aww Si,

So sorry about this news, no one tries harder than you to kick this thing into touch. You and the family are on my mind

devonmaid xxxxx

User
Posted 11 May 2018 at 18:20

So sorry Si. Our wishes are with you.

User
Posted 11 May 2018 at 19:32
Very sorry to hear this news as you have done so much to push the boundaries.
User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 00:00

Sad to report that Superman Si died this afternoon in Ness’s arms. She posted on FB that he chose how and when and his wishes were followed to the letter, which pretty much sums up how he approached his cancer.

Si was diagnosed 7 years ago with a PSA of 5.9 and extensive mets. I am fairly sure he was the first man on here to have early chemo - at that time there was no research to support this approach but Si was blessed with a brilliant onco who used his initiative and trusted Si’s instincts. Ness would perhaps be embarrassed by this but I have been in awe of her strength; in many ways she has had to be more brave than either Si or his doctors just to be able to support him with his wackier ideas. Last year’s attempt at testosterone flooding was not successful but other men in the future will no doubt benefit from his trail-blazing.

Don’t anyone ever tell me again that someone said PCa is a ‘good’ cancer to get. Ness is too young to be a widow and his lovely twins are too young to be burying their daddy - John and I are so sad tonight.

Fly free Superman Si xxx

Edited by member 16 Sep 2019 at 00:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 07:26

Rest in peace Si, love and strength to Ness and the girls.

Chris and Dawn.

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 07:55
So sorry to hear this. This can be a very cruel disease.

Chris

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 11:04
I was awfully sad to hear this. Love to Ness and the twins and condolences. I hope Si is at peace and rest
User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 12:45

Quote:
LynEyre;2239

Don’t anyone ever tell me again that someone said PCa is a ‘good’ cancer to get. Ness is too young to be a widow and his lovely twins are too young to be burying their daddy.

So true and so sad. I get so angry when folk say that. I sometimes think even the medics don't get it when they council patients. 

RIP Si and condolences to his family.

Ann x

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 14:52

Rest in peace Si. A trailblazer extraordinaire.

My condolences to the family.

Ido4

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 17:12
I have added Si to my Absent Friends, as Lyn says, Vanessa is too young to be a widow, and the Twins too young to bury their Daddy.

RIP Simon.

Chris.

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 17:39

Such a loss, Ness is a real star, looking after and comforting their lovely twin girls during this long period (not just the last three weeks) of illness. Si battled his own way and beat the odds for years, no wonder he won the title Si Si superman from many here. Ness and I have been in touch during our journeys, mine is nearly over so I can say with truth I know something of what’s she’s going through. Sending love to Ness and the girls during this sad time.

RIP Si.

love Allison and John xxx

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 18:15

God bless you Si.

User
Posted 16 Sep 2019 at 19:17

So Sad to read this my heart goes out to Ness and the girls.

Rip Superman fly high.

Roy