I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Abiraterone and liver count

User
Posted 16 Mar 2018 at 21:07
Unfortunately it now seems highly likely that I am going to have to come off the Abiraterone that I’ve been on, on and off, for 9 months. Even on a half dose my liver function has spiked again so we’ve agreed a final 7 days and, unless there’s a marked improvement I’m off it next Wednesday. Been a bit of a roller coaster but I had it instead of upfront chemo so at least I didn’t have to go through that. Main issue is that this is the go to 2nd line defence treatment on the NHS once PSA count starts rising post chemo and I now don’t have this to fall back on which is a worry given that I’ve heard of men being on it for several years. No point worrying about something I can’t change though and PSA currently isn’t registering although it doesn’t stop me worrying. Doc says we'll continue with just Prostap jab every 3 months and do PSA at the same time and not until PSA starts rising will he do anything else. Any thoughts/advice? My PCa is widespread through the bones and Gleason 9
User
Posted 17 Mar 2018 at 15:01

Sorry to read your update tony.
I see you posted last night so I'm just bumping you up the list

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 17 Mar 2018 at 15:20
It might be worth asking about enzalutamide if you're not tolerating abi.
User
Posted 17 Mar 2018 at 16:34

Hi Tony
I’ve been on abiratorene 12 months now, I was just wondering how are you measuring your liver function?

Stu

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Mar 2018 at 15:01

Sorry to read your update tony.
I see you posted last night so I'm just bumping you up the list

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 17 Mar 2018 at 15:20
It might be worth asking about enzalutamide if you're not tolerating abi.
User
Posted 17 Mar 2018 at 16:34

Hi Tony
I’ve been on abiratorene 12 months now, I was just wondering how are you measuring your liver function?

Stu

User
Posted 19 Mar 2018 at 12:10

I've been having blood tests fortnightly pretty much since starting on the Abi, weekly right now. The tests monitor the AST level

User
Posted 19 Mar 2018 at 12:10

Thanks, Doc did suggest that for the future

User
Posted 19 Mar 2018 at 12:11

Thanks, Doc did suggest that for the future

User
Posted 19 Mar 2018 at 14:22

Hi Tony

I have been having a full blood test monthly since starting on Abi. Fortunately my AST level has always been mid-range. My oncologist also added checking Bilirubin to list which again has always been mid-range.

Stu