I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Accapuncture

User
Posted 27 Mar 2018 at 15:05

Have been diagnosed with Enlarged prostrate.Its looks like they will only offer me TURP as not fit for urolift.  Am not keen as scared of possibly ending up with a catheter? My daughter has suggested Accapuncture. I was wondering if anyone has had experience of this as treatment, Good or Bad? 

My consultant doesn't seem interested in discussing any other available treatments.

User
Posted 28 Mar 2018 at 00:56

Can't envisage how acupuncture could reduce the size of your enlarged Prostate! What medical references can daughter give for such procedure for BPH?

Barry
User
Posted 28 Mar 2018 at 01:15

My acupuncturist treats men with prostate cancer but only in relation to reducing hot flushes while they are on hormone treatment. I think if acupuncture could help with enlarged prostate, he would be offering it - he doesn’t seem to miss many opportunities to earn money :-/

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Mar 2018 at 01:16

I take it you have been prescribed medication to help reduce the size of your prostate?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Mar 2018 at 01:38

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I take it you have been prescribed medication to help reduce the size of your prostate?

Yes that is often an initial treatment for some, so something else to ask about if not already prescribed.

Barry