I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Now time to start enjoying life

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 09:40
The unfortunate truth with forums is that they can give a skewed view, with problem issues being discussed. The successes dont get a fair look in.

So I thought I'd tell my story.

It seems many months ago, (it was!)that a worrying PSA started the ball rolling, and set off further tests, scans, biopsy, hormone therapy and finally radiotherapy. Add into this mix, developing a large hernia which needed repair wasnt a great help.

It's been more of a struggle than I expected, nearly all due to the fatigue from the hormones, and even worse from RP.

RP finished last week, the side effects (other than fatigue) were not too bad, but already they are disappearing.

Im optimistic things are sorted, all I can do is get on with life, Im booking holidays hand over fist, and not worrying about the 6 month PSA.

I never wanted cancer, all we can do is grit our teeth, and rely on our support team of family and friends, plus the amazing treatment from the NHS.

Rest assured, the light at the end of the tunnel waits for us to get there!

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 13:09
Hiya Tykey, I've just returned from my 10th SRT session which puts me at the halfway there stage.You are right,success stories are not always evident, so your post has been very welcome,thank you.Enjoy those holidays mate, take care.

Paul.

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 13:22

Thanks Tykey. As someone who's starting RT soon, that's really good to hear. Looking forward to being able to emulate you!

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 14:49
Good luck RW. Dont worry about the actual RT sessions, you never feel a thing. What you will do is meet lots of daft old men like me waiting their turn, and spending time pulling each others leg about it all. Sometimes you have to come out and wait a few more minutes because your bladder isnt full enough, or you need to break wind to everybody's amusement. Sometimes people are desperate to pee while waiting, but arent allowed, so the general conversation inevitably turns to running taps, waterfalls, etc etc😆😆

Then at the end of it, you ring the bell and everybody cheers.