I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My Dad passes away a month ago

User
Posted 25 Apr 2018 at 00:24
Well, on the 26th April it will be a month since my father passed away. I knew that someday, somewhere in the world either my father or mother will pass but I was never prepared for the impact in my life of my father passing from Cancer. I had the chance to fly out to South Africa to celebrate his 77 birthday, thinking we would still have dad for a while. Shock, horror when I was back in the UK... to be be told actually Dad is not doing so well. The cancer spread to his bones and spine. I was back 3 weeks later to find my dad very poorly. I had the chance to take him for his last few steps under the Africa Sun. I was even more blessed to have been at his bedside for his last few days until he breathed his last breath on my cheek. My mother, sister and brothers and their families has been great all this time. I need to find peace and comfort Which I get in an abundance from my wife and kids. But I hope to find solace in this forum. People who can perhaps share the same stories, who has been through the same.......

Thank you for reading

User
Posted 25 Apr 2018 at 03:43

Hello Marein,

Very sorry to learn you join us due to losing your father to Cancer. Sadly, we on this forum have lost many men to PCa over the years, some of them we have known through their posts and even through meeting them in some cases, so it's rather like losing family. It was good that you spent some final time with your father and that you have the support of your family The shock and experience is still raw and will only ease with time. When you think of him remember the happy times and not how he was towards the end. My condolences.

Barry
User
Posted 25 Apr 2018 at 08:46

Hi Mareinov,

Please accept my condolences on your loss.

My husband lost his dad to PCa in 2017 at 78. He was diagnosed at 72 with advanced cancer but we were lucky enough to still have 6 years and the week before he died he was in his garden with all his family celebrating his birthday.

With my husband now diagnosed we worry for our son and try to make him fully aware of live style and the importance of healthy eating and living.

Wishing you peace

Clare

User
Posted 25 Apr 2018 at 20:44

Thank you Barry and Clare.... I really appreciate your response and kind words.