Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
«<8910

Post RP and SRT journey - Jan 2022 PSA test update

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 16:37

Brilliant news on both fronts Pete. Thanks for updating. 

Ido4

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 17:04
šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 19:25

The best news you could get šŸ‘

Cheers 

Bill

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 19:35

Pete , great news , really pleased for you.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 20:17

šŸ‘šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽŠšŸŽŠ

User
Posted 24 Jan 2023 at 21:12

Hi Pete 

That's great news and I am very pleased to hear it. 

My PSA is rising steadily but not fast... So was 0.7 before Christmas. Latest test was a couple of weeks ago should talk to consultant in February... They could not locate the cancer even though PSA rising and want the doubling time to be 3 months before they will begin systemic treatment.

Anyway I hope to know more in a couple of weeks. 

Hope job goes well, take care. 

Mike 

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 11:18

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Great news Pete...

You still on the low dose aspirin??

Cheers.

I gave up the aspirin years ago. It was to much hassle and gave me IBS :(

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 11:19

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Pete 

That's great news and I am very pleased to hear it. 

My PSA is rising steadily but not fast... So was 0.7 before Christmas. Latest test was a couple of weeks ago should talk to consultant in February... They could not locate the cancer even though PSA rising and want the doubling time to be 3 months before they will begin systemic treatment.

Anyway I hope to know more in a couple of weeks. 

Hope job goes well, take care. 

Mike 

Hi Mike

Sorry to hear this. Hope they nail the bandit!

P

User
Posted 25 Jan 2023 at 11:21
Thanks for all the kind words.

P

User
Posted 29 Jan 2023 at 17:09
Hi I just spent the last hour reading this as I am following a similar path T3b after pathology op June 2021 then had salvage radiotherapy finishing in March 2022 ā€¦,,first PSA 0.06 in June 2022 and just had 2nd and it was 0.04.

So still not undetectable and was panicking a bit , but reading your story I feel really hopeful so Thankyou for keeping it updated I am also a massive worrier and dread every test result . Was told that the machine as of recently detects lowest 0.03 prior to that was 0.1 ā€¦. So Iā€™m hoping like you to get the <0,03

Really happy you have had such great results .

User
Posted 29 Jan 2023 at 20:51
Hi Dessy

I am glad that it has reassured you. As you can see from mine it did oscillate a bit to start with as the cancer cells slowly died (I like to think of them screaming as they did so) but settled down. I had a long journey with fear as a companion because I had a very rare type and a fast relapse post op but it turned round and so did my fears. I learned that you can get focused on the negatives of the numbers but quite often, lady luck smiles on you. You just have to take it one day at a time. Good luck to you both!