Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Salvage RadioTherapy progress - plodding along

User
Posted 16 Aug 2019 at 17:02
I'm fed up.

I attended the funeral of a friend (two months younger than me) last week who died of cancer.

My wife (who has had lady problems for years) after an initial scan and a GP consult has been referred to the gyno dept for further investigation and a six week follow up scan. I am now worrying she might be joining me in the club. Stupid I know as there are plenty of ongoing ladies problems other than cancer but I can't bear the thought of her being ill.

Not sure how I can get through the next few weeks other than by just accepting the worry and fear and press on.

I hate cancer.

User
Posted 16 Aug 2019 at 20:42
Well you have made a start by sticking it up here, now open a bottle plan something nice for the weekend and eat chocolate!
User
Posted 17 Aug 2019 at 08:42

Pete - sorry to hear about your wife - fingers crossed it’ll be something uncomplicated to resolve.  As I get older, I notice more and more conversations revolve around health.  Part of life, I suppose.

i hope you can find some peace during this time.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 17 Aug 2019 at 11:44

We’re all with you. Hopefully, despite the problems your wife has it will be non cancer related and very treatable.

I echo your sentiments about cancer, it’s a siht.

Ido4

User
Posted 17 Aug 2019 at 16:08
Cheers folks