<12

Worrying time

User
Posted 13 Jul 2020 at 22:45

Thinking of you both xx

User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 12:50

Hi a further update on my Bri

The test came back and confirmed the tumour is secondary from the bone cancer, it’s been a very tough few weeks for Bri, he is slowly losing more and more abilities, he can speak but it very rarely makes sense what he is saying, He cannot understand what is being said to him, he now relies on a wheelchair to get about and on Friday I had to make the decision to have a bed downstairs for him as he is no longer able to climb the stairs. He had 4 sessions of radiotherapy last week, he should have had his 5th and final radiotherapy on Friday but he was to ill to go we are hoping that he can go tomorrow to have his last one, apparently it takes 6 /8 weeks before we will know if it has shrunk the tumour at all. 
Bri has gone from a very strong independent gentleman to a gentleman that now relies on me for absolutely everything.

we have the support of Macmillan and the district nurse came yesterday for the first time and We are  so lucky to have a wonderful family too.

when Bri was first diagnosed three years ago we never in our wildest dreams though that we would be on this path, we expected radiotherapy,chemotherapy and different thing but never did we think it would come to this. 

Stay safe and well everyone 🌈❤️

User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 14:30
I am so sad for you - it is rare for prostate cancer to spread to the brain but when it does, the effect is devastating; as you say, a very rapid decline. Do try to take care of yourself as well, Angie, while you are caring for Bri x
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 16:15

So so sorry to hear this Angie. Your words really resonate in terms of the variability of the paths for the individual with this disease.

So so sorry that you and Bri have such a rough rough path.

Big hugs Angie

Clare

User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 16:43
So sad to hear this. Strength and love to you x
User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 19:08

So sorry to read this Angie. Love and hugs to you and Bri.

Ido4

User
Posted 02 Aug 2020 at 22:47

Such sad news Angie.  It is unbelievable what has happened in three years since Bri’s diagnosis. Sending you both love and hugs.

Ange x

User
Posted 03 Aug 2020 at 07:20

Very sad to read this, my thoughts and prayers to both of you.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 11 Aug 2020 at 10:49

Hi all

Just to let you know Bri lost his fight with PC and passed away at the weekend, he was at home which is where he wanted to be, 💔😢💔

User
Posted 11 Aug 2020 at 11:04

Very sorry to read this. I have been moved by your & Bris story. My condolences to you and family.

User
Posted 11 Aug 2020 at 11:34

Hi Angie, so sorry to read this. Thinking of you and sending my condolences.

Ido4

User
Posted 11 Aug 2020 at 11:57

Really sorry to read your sad news about Bri’s passing Angie.  Thinking of you and sending you love, hugs and strength.

Ange x

User
Posted 11 Aug 2020 at 12:47
Such sad news but I am so pleased that you were able to get Bri home and care for him on your (and his) own terms. I hope that you have good support networks around you; be kind to yourself over the coming days, weeks and months xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 11 Aug 2020 at 14:18
Sorry to hear your sad news. Wishing you strength during these awful times.
User
Posted 11 Aug 2020 at 14:28

So sorry to see your sad news, please accept my sincere condolences. Take care of yourself.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 12 Aug 2020 at 08:51
Angie very sad to learn the news about Bri.
Please accept my sincere condolences.
User
Posted 12 Aug 2020 at 10:15
Hi

So sorry to hear your news.

Look after yourself.

P
User
Posted 12 Aug 2020 at 16:48

So sorry to hear this sad news .

I hope you can find support from your family to help you get through.

Phil

User
Posted 12 Aug 2020 at 19:38
Very sorry Angie another brave battle come to an end.

Look after yourself and cherish your memories

Cheers
Bill
User
Posted 12 Aug 2020 at 21:40

Sorry Angie. It seems it was a horribly aggressive form of this b****rd disease. Look after yourself. 

Dave

User
Posted 13 Aug 2020 at 07:11

I am so sorry Angie. It seems as if we have both had similar experiences as my G deteriorated quickly and passed at the weekend too. The decline was so sudden  and frightening. I pray that you will find peace again one day but I know how tough it is. Stay as strong as you can. X

User
Posted 17 Aug 2020 at 00:01

Oh Angie, so so sorry to read this.

Please accept my condolences, very sad news to read.

Clare

User
Posted 17 Aug 2020 at 03:11
So sorry PCa claimed another victim.
Barry
User
Posted 17 Aug 2020 at 10:30

So sorry to hear of your loss, thoughts and prayers to you and your family 

Carl....

User
Posted 17 Aug 2020 at 12:04

So sorry to hear this.  Take care xx

User
Posted 17 Aug 2020 at 13:45

So very sorry to read about your sad loss, Angie. Please accept my sincere condolences and best wishes for the future. 

User
Posted 19 Aug 2020 at 05:49

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I am so sorry Angie. It seems as if we have both had similar experiences as my G deteriorated quickly and passed at the weekend too. The decline was so sudden  and frightening. I pray that you will find peace again one day but I know how tough it is. Stay as strong as you can. X

I hope that you are keeping as well as you can be and that you are blessed with good family and friends to support you at this sad time. Sending my condolences to you and your family. X

it still seems unreal to me that “My Bri” is no longer with me 💔.

User
Posted 19 Aug 2020 at 06:05

Thank you all for your kind words it really means so much to me and my family,  it still seems so unreal that “My Bri” is not here with me, I’m being supported by my amazing family and friends and they are all helping me to arrange his funeral which is on 27th August, we are allowed 24 people at the service so that has been a tough one trying to whittle down the numbers. I’m hoping I will do him proud and give him the send off he truly deserves. 
Let’s hope there is a cure for this horrible disease very soon. 

Take care of each other and cherish every moment. 💙💔

User
Posted 19 Aug 2020 at 08:38
I
am so sorry to hear your sad news, will be thinking of you and your family on the 27th. xx

barbara
User
Posted 31 Aug 2020 at 11:06

So sorry Angie. I just read about you and Brian today. I hope you got to give him a beautiful send off. My heart goes out to you, I hope you have good support around you. Do let us know how you are getting on. Xxx

User
Posted 20 Oct 2020 at 12:10

Hi All

I hope your all keeping well.

just thought I would say hi and update you all to let you know that Bri had a good send off it was a lovely service we were allowed 24 people (it was tough having to pick just 24 people but I’m not complaining it could have been worse) we managed a wake in the local pub afterwards.

I desperately miss “my Bri “ and at times it still feels surreal, I am lucky to have a good support network around me and I feel blessed that family, friends and neighbours are all at the end of the phone if I need them. 
it’s a daily struggle but it’s a new way of life that I need to learn to come to terms with one day at a time.

I asked for donations to PC at the funeral and on the day we raised nearly £600, we still have a charity collection box at the pub ( I contacted PC uk and they sent me the donation tin) My neighbours son who is 9 years old is doing a virtual challenge called “the ocean road challenge” which he has to walk 149 actual miles, he is doing really well and only has 40 miles left to do, he has raised £510 at the moment hopefully he can still get some more donations in via his just giving page. I know it can’t help “My Bri” but hopefully the money raised will be able to help go towards helping so  many other men in the future.

bye for now and please try and stay safe and well 🌈

User
Posted 20 Oct 2020 at 14:07

Hi Angie, thanks for the update. Comforting to know Bri had a good send off.

Great to hear the amount raised for PCUK and what an amazing 9 year old neighbour. Good for him. Take care.

Ido4

User
Posted 20 Oct 2020 at 14:07

Hi Angie,

So pleased to hear that you were able to give Bri a good send off.  Such a difficult time for you and, although you have good support, it must be a struggle each day going forward.  I do think about you and so many on the forum who are experiencing this unbelievable loss and somehow finding the strength to adjust to a new way of life.

An amazing amount collected/donated to PC, people are so generous.

Keep posting, it’s so good to hear how you are.

Ange  x