I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Wed 4 May - The FOPS support group over Zoom

User
Posted 07 Jun 2020 at 23:36

The FOPS prostate support group is currently meeting using Zoom, so you can join wherever you are in the country. This support group is different from most other groups, and somewhat unique. It covers all prostate and male urology issues including prostatitis, incontinence, ED, etc, not just prostate cancer. The sessions are Q&A, with a panel of our 3 resident consultant urologists and pelvic health physiotherapist. They go well beyond just answering the questions, and make it an entertaining learning experience. This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions of top clinicians, or just to listen, learn, and be entertained.

The Zoom call details are on the end of my profile.

To join The FOPS and receive email notifications of events, please send an email including your phone number to fopschorleywood@gmail.com.

Edited by member 29 Apr 2022 at 20:45  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Apr 2022 at 20:43

The FOPS prostate support group is next meeting with our panel of consultant urologists on Wednesday 4th May 8pm using Zoom, so you can join the session wherever you are in the country. (Call opens 15 minutes early.)

See first message for the format of FOPS support meetings.

The Zoom call details are on the end of my profile.

*** The 2022 Chorleywood Men's Health Day ***  Sat 14th May

Let me also take the opportunity to let you know of our Men's Health Day we're running on Sat 14th May at Chorleywood/Rickmansworth (M25 J18). We have lined up several of the country's top consultants in health matters impacting men from age 50 to come and talk with you, to help you maintain the best possible quality of life. Enjoy the educational discussion and humorous discourse. This is open to everyone, and not restricted to prostate cancer patients, so bring your friends.

We have 3 professors covering urology, andrology, cardiology, and diabetes, including the President of the Royal Society of Medicine, and a trustee of the Sexual Advice Association. Also 3 more surgeons including the clinical lead at UCL, and a pelvic health physiotherapist. Come with your questions and learn about men's health and disease from an incredible panel of medical experts which would be impossible to find anywhere else, in a light-hearted informal setting.

∙ How should you maintain a healthy lifestyle?
∙ Do you notice it's getting more difficult or takes longer to go upstairs?
∙ Are you starting to have problems peeing, and what should you be doing to maintain your continence into older age?
∙ Are you aware of your risk of prostate cancer and what you should be doing about it? (for those not tested for prostate cancer)
∙ Is your sexual function waning?
∙ What should you be doing now to prevent these issues later in life?

Full programme and tickets available at:
https://thefops.org.uk/menshealthday

£22 per person including refreshments and lunch.

Note this event is in-person only, and not accessible online.