Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<123

TWO year surgery-versary today

User
Posted 19 Mar 2021 at 17:03

After a nerve wracking 48 hours we just learnt that my husband’s first post adjuvant RT PSA is UNDETECTABLE.....<0.1. 
There is not a day gone by that I have not visited this community since we joined. I have learnt so much here and thank you for your continued support.

Best wishes to everyone ๐Ÿ˜˜

User
Posted 19 Mar 2021 at 17:24

Great news Lexi

User
Posted 19 Mar 2021 at 19:22

Brilliant.

Dave

User
Posted 19 Mar 2021 at 23:20

Congratulations

User
Posted 20 Mar 2021 at 00:24
Lovely - if only you could go out and celebrate ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Mar 2021 at 06:55

Fantastic news I’m so pleased for you both 

Carl

User
Posted 20 Mar 2021 at 12:45

Brilliant news Lexi, so happy for you both.

Angex

User
Posted 06 Jul 2021 at 20:22

My husband was due to see Oncologist in April for his first follow up post adjuvant RT (completed at Christmas).  The oncologist cancelled the appointment and left a voicemail saying that as PSA was <0.1 he was rescheduling.  I phoned his secretary saying that I had questions but nobody got back to me (learnt more from here).

The new appointment arrived for mid August along with blood form to get PSA checked the week before. This appointment has also been cancelled and rescheduled for mid Oct.

Husband’s not had PSA checked since March 16th. Should he get PSA checked now and then another in October just prior to his appointment? I feel from March to October is too long to wait. 
Thoughts appreciated, thanks.

User
Posted 06 Jul 2021 at 21:06

Life is a bit easier for me. I just go to the GP and ask for a psa test, so I don't need a blood form. The receptionist just asks if the doctor or the hospital requested it.

I think it is quite reasonable that you would want to know the psa on a three monthly basis. So I would say get the test done in August, and then in September phone up for a new form. If the consultant kicks off, just remind him he is the one who keeps cancelling the appointments. 

Dave

User
Posted 06 Jul 2021 at 21:11
Yes - absolutely yes ... contact the allocated nurse or the onco's secretary to get an extra bloods form or get a PSA test from the GP surgery so that you have a track for the year.

Shocking situation for you to be put in :-(

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Jul 2021 at 22:43

Thanks Dave and Lyn, appreciated.

Will phone tomorrow to arrange bloods this week (four month interval since last PSA) then he get another at the beginning of October.

User
Posted 07 Jul 2021 at 04:20
Why not ask your GP for a yearโ€™s worth of quarterly PSA test forms to save you and him time and hassle.

My own GPs surgery, here in Coventry, doesnโ€™t deign to do blood tests, despite being the biggest practice in Coventry.

So I just book on-line the first phlebotomy appointment of the day at 07.00 - handy if you are fasting for cholesterol - at a nearby pharmacy. No problem.

The practice manager at the surgery has not committed to a return to on-line booking and face-to-face appointments on the 19th July, so we might still have to wait for forty minutes on hold on the day to get a telephone consultation call back from a doctor.

Surprisingly, she has invited me to be part of a practice patient focus group! Talk about making a rod for her own backโ€ฆ

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 27 Jul 2021 at 10:39

One year today marks the first surgery-versary of my husband's RALP.

Following his adjuvant RT he just had has second <0.1 PSA result ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽ‰

We are currently enjoying a family break away.

Best wishes to you all and thanks for ongoing advice and support ๐ŸŒน

User
Posted 27 Jul 2021 at 11:31
Great news Lexi. Congratulations and enjoy that break !
User
Posted 27 Jul 2021 at 11:51

Excellent. 

Dave

User
Posted 27 Jul 2021 at 22:07

Brilliant result Lexi.  Enjoy your family break.

Ange x

User
Posted 27 Jul 2021 at 23:30

Lexi 

Great news. Can't have been an easy year.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 27 Jul 2021 at 23:34
Brilliant- enjoy the break!

User
Posted 01 Aug 2021 at 23:26

We are delighted and proud to say that our two daughters have raised over 1k throughout July and that our oldest daughter has climbed 45 Munro in aid of PCUK ๐Ÿ’™โ›ฐ๐Ÿฅพ๐Ÿฅพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

User
Posted 02 Aug 2021 at 09:17

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

We are delighted and proud to say that our two daughters have raised over 1k throughout July and that our oldest daughter has climbed 45 Munro in aid of PCUK ๐Ÿ’™โ›ฐ๐Ÿฅพ๐Ÿฅพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Wow. Thats brilliant 

User
Posted 02 Aug 2021 at 10:32

Enjoy the break with family. 

User
Posted 27 Jul 2022 at 16:37

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of husband's RALP.  Glad to report he is keeping very well. Enjoying his cycling.

Currently on holiday with our family enjoying the sunshine.

Our best wishes to you all ๐ŸŒน 

User
Posted 27 Jul 2022 at 18:21

Lexi, great news, enjoy the holiday.

Thanks Chris ๐Ÿ‘

User
Posted 27 Jul 2022 at 22:18

Fantastic news Lexi, keep enjoying life with your family.

Ange x

User
Posted 28 Jul 2022 at 09:25
Just read through this whole thread. Great news Lexiโ€ฆlong may it continue. Enjoy your hols x
User
Posted 19 Aug 2022 at 16:58

Today we celebrate my husband’s PSA <0.1. 2yrs post op, 20 months post adjuvant RT ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

User
Posted 19 Aug 2022 at 18:26

Such a positive story thank you for posting the update.

User
Posted 19 Aug 2022 at 18:27
๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™Good news indeed. Enjoy the celebrations
User
Posted 19 Aug 2022 at 18:56

Lexi, great news, hope it continues. 

Thanks Chris