Error

Null

User
Posted 14 Jan 2021 at 22:07

Edit

Edited by member 12 Feb 2021 at 09:28  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Jan 2021 at 23:25

Good luck for tomorrow. I have no idea how many are all clear after a pirads4 and a Psa of 10; I hope tomorrow you will be able to say at least one. 

Dave

User
Posted 16 Jan 2021 at 13:01

Sorry to hear that, I also had a lot of tumour all cores positive some with 95% tumour, I think the best core was still 50% tumour. The bicalutamide will put the brakes on it, so you have time to decide, I was locally advanced and 4+5 so a little worse than you. I had HDR brachy, HT and EBRT, that was two and a half years ago and only been off the HT for six months, I hope it has all worked but it is early days yet. I was lucky they didn't give me a choice of treatments, it seems that choosing is very stressful. 

Dave

User
Posted 16 Jan 2021 at 13:54
Rotten news, but at least you'll be on a curative treatment path. I went down the HT/RT path and it wasn't too bad. Not great, but certainly bearable.

Best wishes,

Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Jan 2021 at 23:25

Good luck for tomorrow. I have no idea how many are all clear after a pirads4 and a Psa of 10; I hope tomorrow you will be able to say at least one. 

Dave

User
Posted 16 Jan 2021 at 13:01

Sorry to hear that, I also had a lot of tumour all cores positive some with 95% tumour, I think the best core was still 50% tumour. The bicalutamide will put the brakes on it, so you have time to decide, I was locally advanced and 4+5 so a little worse than you. I had HDR brachy, HT and EBRT, that was two and a half years ago and only been off the HT for six months, I hope it has all worked but it is early days yet. I was lucky they didn't give me a choice of treatments, it seems that choosing is very stressful. 

Dave

User
Rotten news, but at least you'll be on a curative treatment path. I went down the HT/RT path and it wasn't too bad. Not great, but certainly bearable.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
The Consultant's comment about nothing to see would have related to the MRI which does not always show the extent of cancer clearly. At least with the essential information of the biopsy, you now know your situation and the options to deal with it. You may receive some advice from your Consultant on any preference the MDT think most suitable in your case but this may come down entirely to your choice. You need to consider both forms of treatment. RT would almost certainly involve HT too and side effects that that can produce. I would check whether Brachytherapy with the addition of EBRT in need would be an alternative to EBRT/HT only. Even if you have surgery it may be found necessary when you are opened up that EBRT is needed too if margins are not clear.

No doubt you will discuss this further with your clinicians before coming to a decision. I wish you well.

Barry