I had a very positive meeting with the oncologist this morning.
1. He is pleased with PSA at 0.07 and testosterone not being measurable.
2. He recommended RT to further extend the benefits of HT.
3. RT will be on prostate beds and sem. visceral glands that may be affected. 3 mets mat be treated later on.
4. The RT will be EBRT - VMAT. (volumetric-modulated arc therapy)
5. Treatment 6 weeks / 6 GY
6. Next stage - planning session
7. RT to start late September / early October.
8. My staging T3bNiMIb GL 4 +4
9. Taluzoparib potential option at later stage.
10 HT for rest of life, with change if one becomes ineffective.
11. Prognosis - who knows but no reason it cannot be 10 to 15 years (he had patients that morning that had been under treatment since 2007).
12. RT side effects likely to be bearable and short lived - mainly bowel and urinary issues.