Show search

Notification

Error
<12

PSA 28

User
Posted 18 Jun 2021 at 10:13

Certainly doing that.

Update...3rd ejaculation...10 days after biopsy and, yea, no blood! Is this normal...I was expecting months of

blood.....

Edited by member 20 Jun 2021 at 16:11  | Reason: Update

User
Posted 21 Jun 2021 at 09:45

Morning Prof

I was told that you could have blood in your ejaculations for up to 12 weeks so the fact that you's is now blood free after only 10 days must be good. Worth celebrating perhaps?

User
Posted 21 Jun 2021 at 09:57

Hopefully, although not sure of significance! It still aches... 

User
Posted 21 Jun 2021 at 09:59

Nothing wrong with that. If a little blood returns over the next few weeks don't worry about it. 

Dave

User
Posted 04 Jul 2021 at 12:53

Bone scan tomorrow..... Haverfordwest.

Got me Geiger counter ready!

Then more waiting I guess.....

User
Posted 05 Jul 2021 at 07:36

Good luck with that Prof

Fingers crossed the bone scan shows there is no spread

User
Posted 06 Jul 2021 at 10:41

Bone scan seemed ok. I knew I wouldn't be kept waiting as the radioactive clock was ticking. It's a pain being a physicist some times....took my Geiger counter along.... normal background radiation is around 20-30 counts per minute. My highest reading was 15,500 cpm! And the counter maxxed out at 165 micro Sv/HR.

Total dose getting to 1000 micro or 1 mSv....which is about right. Around 3 years worth of background radiation in one day. Or the equivalent of 200 chest x-rays in one day 

Luckily with a half life of just 6 hrs, it'll all be gone soon.

They took a lot more pix than usual, 2 at 45 degree angles and a long one laterally across my chest, 🤔? Lead me overthinking the whole thing....."they've found sommit and it's not good"

Hopefully I'll get these and the biopsy results later this week.....

User
Posted 06 Jul 2021 at 11:33

Wow! That is some increase in radiation. Mind you, I am sure it was higher than that when eating Welsh lamb after the Chernobyl meltdown in 1986!

With your scientific mind, I am sure you are overthinking things

As before, fingers crossed for you

Ivan

User
Posted 06 Jul 2021 at 18:24

The waiting for results is hard. As a fellow physicist and probably a bit autistic I feel I must point out that the average equivalent dose per annum is around 2.7 mSv per year. Sorry I can’t help it, don’t have a personal GM device though!! All best wishes going forward. 
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ionising-radiation-dose-comparisons/ionising-radiation-dose-comparisons

Ido4

User
Posted 06 Jul 2021 at 18:58

I thought you were joking about the Geiger counter. Mind you I took a sextant on a cross channel ferry once. Turns out, as long as you sail south you will hit Europe so I didn't need it. 

Dave

User
Posted 07 Jul 2021 at 10:23

Hi 

Yes, we can't help ourselves! I posted a short video on my YouTube channel!

Highest count rate was around 15,500 cpm!

Got my dreaded letter yesterday, got to attend Glangwili hospital this afternoon...I think they forgot to ring me last week.  This should be the MDT meeting to let know the full results and what they plan to do. I only had the bone scan Monday...I'm guessing they'll have those results, strange if they don't...

I'm expecting the T3b to be confirmed but fingers crossed it may not be...

User
Posted 07 Jul 2021 at 11:47

Best wishes for your appointment today. 

Ido4

User
Posted 07 Jul 2021 at 17:36

Oh dear.

Ought to move to the Just Diagnosed pages...