Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

what can i expect next

User
Posted 10 Nov 2021 at 03:52

gaz, aside from your psa reading, which couldn't be better, how are you going with your health in other ways, such as weight and fitness?

Once you're past the limitations imposed on you by RT it helps to work on getting your body back in order, even when you're taking meds like Triptorelin.

Jules

Edited by member 10 Nov 2021 at 03:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Nov 2021 at 18:44

Hi my general fitness has been good worked all the way through radiotherapy walk lots at the weekend still play football on a Sunday even at 60 πŸ™„ toilet issues have settled often don't need.  wc overnight so hopefully going in the right direction πŸ‘

User
Posted 13 Nov 2021 at 20:10

Been a bit emotional today realized what I have been through roughly a year after my diagnosis been mentally tough good luck to everyone unlucky enough to go through all this  hopefully can move forward but today as been terrible hope better days are ahead πŸ€”

User
Posted 13 Nov 2021 at 20:19
It is a known phenomenon Gaz - something like an aftershock. Adrenalin gets you through diagnosis, treatment choosing, surviving treatment, recovery and then the fist couple of blood tests. Then all of a sudden, the adrenalin deserts you and you are left with a 'hit by a bus' moment and for some men, the 5 stages of grief. Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Nov 2021 at 20:36

Thanks Lynn  fell in a hole today 😭

User
Posted 13 Nov 2021 at 23:47
Well one of the wonderful things about a forum like this is that there is nearly always someone who has been in the hole before you and can tell you where the ladder is!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Nov 2021 at 17:48

Thanks for your reply Lynn really needed that advice hit a real low not having any family you sink low and you need some good advice at times yesterday was one off those today has been better been a big struggle recently thanks again gaz

User
Posted 14 Nov 2021 at 20:33

Hope you’re ok Gaz and hope today has been a better day. Keep positive and strong. Take care

User
Posted 14 Nov 2021 at 21:05

Thanks Elaine much appreciated πŸ‘

User
Posted 21 Nov 2021 at 14:38

Hopefully everyone is doing well as anyone had trouble with hemaroids after radiotherapy seem to be ongoing since end off treatment docs clear them up only for them to return 😬

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 11:38

Hopefully everyone is doing well and thanks to all who have offered advice over the past 12 months during and after treatment πŸ‘

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 11:44
All good here Gaz but ridiculously cold. How are you doing?

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 11:50

Cold here in edwinstowe too doing ok next hormone injection next week will be half way through then  last PSA 0.01  had trouble with the dreaded piles 😬 but a lot better now thanks Lynn for all your advice πŸ‘

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 12:26

Yes things doing ok in Glossop. I have a COVID jab on Tuesday and a PSA test two days after. There are reports that COVID jab will give a falsely high PSA reading, and I want to test that theory. I am expecting an increase in PSA anyway as I am still recovering from HT. What will be interesting is how high it goes up and if on a subsequent test months after the COVID jab it goes back down. It's not really a randomised controlled trial, and I don't think I'll get this published in The Lancet. I think I could get it peer reviewed by my friends at the pub, after all they are my peers. So my best chance of publication in a peer reviewed journal is the CAMRA good pub guide. However if you see a headline on the Daily Mail saying scientists have made a break through in cancer testing and it mentions scientific research in Glossop take it with a pinch of salt, as you should do with all Daily Mail headlines.

Dave

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 12:33

Hi gaz.. so sorry I missed your bday mate. How’s it going anyway?

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 14:15

It's going ok martin hopefully your treatment is going well too       hopefully your PSA is ok too Dave good luck on Tuesday πŸ‘

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 16:06

That’s what I been telling lads to do when I been explaining my situation….it’s helped me stay positive 

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 16:38

Yes martin stay positive lots off treatment options available πŸ‘

User
Posted 30 Nov 2021 at 21:11

Peter Mitchells radiotherapy blog has been thoughtful and at times sad and amusing we all go through the treatment with varying degrees off success or sometimes not what we expect  we all have our journey as to speak good luck to everyone battling this horrible desease and seasons greatings to all we are lucky to have this forum thanks to the moderators and all who post to help each other some outstanding people with absolutely fantastic advice  what a community bless you all gaz 61

User
Posted 19 Dec 2021 at 09:26

wishing everyone a merry Christmas and good health in 2022  had a few problems with hormone therapy in last couple off weeks feeling low and seem to have lost some facial weight although my body weight is still the same πŸ™„ not lost any weight since start off treatment  PSA still 0.01 from 24.9 so hopefully still ok. gaz

User
Posted 24 Dec 2021 at 18:28

Wish all members and their families a merry Christmas also thanking all the people in who have really helped with their advice this year thank you all gaz πŸŽ„

User
Posted 24 Dec 2021 at 18:50
Brilliant news on the PSA Gaz. Sorry that you have been feeling a bit low - hopeful that you feel brighter as we turn over into a new year x

Happy Christmas πŸŽ„

User
Posted 24 Dec 2021 at 19:10

Happy Xmas back at you gaz…all the best for 2022 mate. πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸŽ…πŸŽ„

User
Posted 24 Dec 2021 at 19:22

All the best to you and your family martin and anyone else having treatment or living with prostate cancer all the best for 2022 gaz πŸŽ„

User
Posted 24 Dec 2021 at 19:57
All the very best Gaz. Hope you’re feeling a bit better and can enjoy a move Christmas x
User
Posted 24 Dec 2021 at 20:04

Thanks Elaine merry Christmas to you and your family πŸŽ„πŸŽ„