Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Tony on Palliative care only

User
Posted 04 Aug 2022 at 20:59
Hope Tony's last days are as good as they can be. As said before you all need to support each other as well at this difficult time.

Best Wishes

Bill

User
Posted 07 Aug 2022 at 05:52

Barbara,

Sorry to read the latest news on Tony , 
take care 

Regards Barry

User
Posted 07 Aug 2022 at 07:07

Much love to you all

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 12:32

Tony passed away peacfully last night, he had had a bad couple of days but in the end just left us quietly.

barbara x

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 12:34
So sorry to read this Barbara. May he rest in peace somewhere lovely. Kind to hear he passed so peacefully. Love and strength to you xx
User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 13:12

I was saddened to read of Tony's passing.

One of the stalwarts of our band of brothers from way back who will be sadly missed by all that knew and met him.

Keep strong.

Roger
User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 13:25

Sorry to hear off Tony's passing love and strength to you and your family 

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 13:40
So sorry Barbara. Sending love and hugs. X
User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 14:01

Very sad to hear of Tony’s passing.  Sending love and strength to you Barbara and to your family.

Ange x

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 14:33

Barbara, so sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my sincere condolences. Take care of yourself.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 14:55
Thinking of you and your family at this sad time

Sending hugs

Debby

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 15:18

So sorry to read this Barbara, it was a kindness he passed peacefully. Sending you love and strength. 

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 16:22

So sorry to hear of your husband passing away, deepest condolences to you and your family 

ann

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 18:35

Sorry to hear that Barbara. Once they stopped the dialysis things were going to change quickly. x

Dave

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 22:56
Although it came very quickly I am so pleased that Tony was able to leave gently, comforted by the touch of hands he knew well and reassured by voices he loved.

Barbara, you have been a lioness throughout Tony's illness, particularly since the treatments started to fail, and have shown great courage and dignity. All I can wish for you is a little more of that strength to get you through the coming days, weeks and months.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 11 Aug 2022 at 23:19

So sorry to hear this really sad news Barbara. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this really difficult time. May Tony now be at peace ❤️ Sending love xx

User
Posted 12 Aug 2022 at 06:41

So sorry to hear this sad news Barbara,

Regards Barry

User
Posted 12 Aug 2022 at 07:45
So sorry Barbara, thankyou for taking the time to let us all know on this forum.
User
Posted 12 Aug 2022 at 11:53

Hi Barbara,

You supported Tony with great courage and cared for him to the end, you are a very strong lady.Hoping the pain will ease with with the passing of time.

Love John & Pat.

User
Posted 12 Aug 2022 at 15:08
So saddened to read this Barbara. Love and strength to you and all your family at this difficult time.

June and Tony

User
Posted 12 Aug 2022 at 16:08
Sorry to learn about Tony's passing Barbara. Sincere condolences to the family.
User
Posted 12 Aug 2022 at 17:02

So sorry to read this Barbara. Sending condolences to you and yours. 

Ido4

User
Posted 12 Aug 2022 at 17:17

Much love to you and the wider family

User
Posted 14 Aug 2022 at 15:23

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes, at the moment i just feel relief as the last week was awful, there where good times as well he hugged and kissed his children with so much strength when they where with him and they will all take that memory with them. His last night i actually climbed in the bed with him so i could hold him I am so glad i had that last night with him. At the very end he died peacefully . I know that the funeral will hit me really bad but at the moment i have sent all the children home so i can have a bit of normality, once again thank you all.

love Barbara xx

User
Posted 17 Aug 2022 at 08:30

Once again thank you everyone for your kind words , His funeral is on the 31st august at 3pm and if anyone wants to raise a glass to him his favorite was a pint of Batemans XXX.

Barbara xxx

User
Posted 21 Aug 2022 at 18:49
So sorry to hear Barbara, he fought the battle with all he had. RIP Tony

Good luck to everyone coping with the insidious big C

User
Posted 30 Aug 2022 at 08:13

Tomorow is the big day, don't know how i will get through it but somehow i will, just feel like i am living in a different world at the moment. xxx 

User
Posted 30 Aug 2022 at 08:21

Hope all goes as well as they can. Don't bottle up your grief and don't feel you have to be strong for other people. Love and hugs.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 30 Aug 2022 at 12:34
Well all be with you, even though you won’t see us. Sending hugs and strength.

Merilyn

User
Posted 30 Aug 2022 at 23:31

We’ll be thinking of you tomorrow Barbara.  Sending you love and strength.

Ange xx

User
Posted 31 Aug 2022 at 01:28
You will be on my mind today Barbara xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 31 Aug 2022 at 08:38

Thinking of you and your family today Barbara. May Tony now rest in peace and pain free xx

User
Posted 31 Aug 2022 at 09:37
Thinking of you today, somehow you’ll get through it with those who love you and Tony around you. There’s no need to try to be strong, love Janet x
User
Posted 02 Sep 2022 at 08:27

thank you all for your good thoughts, Tony's funeral was lovely, the words spoken about him and the amount of people who came to say goodbye was so many more than we expected he was so well loved. One of my sons wrote this poem and i would like to share it with you all.   A Fathers love. by Glenn Thein. 

A fathers love is instant

A fathers love is kind

A fathers love is patient

A fathers love is mine

A fathers love is shouting

A fathers love is cheering

A fathers love is complaining

A fathers love is accepting

A childs love is confused

A childs love is in awe

A child love is angry a childs love feels safe

A childs love continues when your gone

A childs love lasts more than a lifetime

A childs love wants to be with you

A childs love will never forget 

XXXX

User
Posted 02 Sep 2022 at 09:35

I’m sorry to hear this Barbara. Sending love 

User
Posted 02 Sep 2022 at 16:35

Well Barbara, now it comes to moving on with your life without Tony. I've only lost one person in my immediate family; my father at 86 and that is to be expected. So I can empathise with you a little, but it is not like losing a partner. I can just send you hugs.

Dave