I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

How to start a healthy eating lifestyle?

User
Posted 24 May 2024 at 07:55

I am by no means a nutritionist or a dietician or anything of the sort. I am just a regular human being.

Recently, I have been thinking about how to get healthy. Like anyone else, I thought I’d start a habit of exercising, and I managed to get myself to like it. However, I feel as though I can do better to improve my health. That’s when I decided that I should also work on my diet.

My main goal is to reduce cholesterol levels, blood pressure, sugar levels, unhealthy fat. There are others but I figured I’d start with these first.

As someone who doesn’t understand the nutrition table printed on food products, and someone who is in a bit of a financial constraint, I am asking for advice on what foods I should be consuming to reach my goals.

I apologise if my question does not make any sense as I am new to this slope.

Edited by member 29 May 2024 at 04:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 May 2024 at 18:01

I think the first positive step to make is to stop consuming cows milk and switch to non GMO soya milk 

Increase your vegetable protein ie lentils tofu 

be choosy about the meat and fish you eat try to eat wild fish and responsibly farmed meat 

Enjoy real coffee red wine and  lots of vegetables and fruit 

User
Posted 24 May 2024 at 18:05

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I apologise if my question does not make sense. 

Julie, It make sense, but I'm not sure of its relevance on a prostate cancer site. We all know that a healthy diet is likely to improve most medical conditions. 

Edited by member 24 May 2024 at 18:44  | Reason: Typo