Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

B2PCa 2014 Summer Function 21st June

User
Posted 01 Feb 2014 at 16:15

Dear Friends,

It's hard to believe that these B2PCa functions have been taking place since 2007.

Between 70 and 80 of us meet up every year in Leicester.
'Bo££ocks' To PCa is a 'fun site' founded in 2006 and is made up of friends who first met on these forums
This year the date for the event is Saturday 21st June.
It's always a day of fun, good banter, and, as usual, some fundraising for the Prostate Cancer Charity UK.

We're almost fully booked for June, but there are ten seats available if any of you would like to join us for the first time.

It seems to be that once you've been there, you immediately book up for the next one. That's why most places are gone six months before the event.

If you want to book a place, please email me as soon as possible:

georgehardy51@msn.com

Edited by member 16 Jun 2014 at 11:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Jun 2014 at 18:48

I shall be thinking of you people on Saturday I'll be not to far away in Loughborough picking the youngest up for her summer sabbatical.

User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 05:42
Hi George and all the gang,
I have thanked you on another thread but what the heck I can thank you all here too. It was a great do and I'm only sorry we left without saying our goodbyes to everyone but it was getting a bit emotional. I know you were under a bit of stress George with the booking fiasco so a special well done.
Another thank you for mentioning me in dispatches although it was over the top and I felt really embarrassed. You may not realise it George but the " do " was the 1st of my " targets " getting to see my side of the family on Sunday the 2nd. The 3rd and very important our 25th Wedding Anniversary and as we lie in bed with the River Thames looking beautiful from our hotel window that is another one achieved with many more targets in the diary.
To all you exceptional people it was a delight to meet all the old faces and lovely to see so many new faces with if I may a special mention to Mo and Karen the bravest of the brave. At one stage sitting outside my ribs really did ache from laughing followed up by almost being crushed from so many of you giving me a cuddle.
Love to you all,
Life is for living
Barry (alias Barrington )
User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 14:56
I just love everyone xxxxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Feb 2014 at 14:09

Dear Friends,
Some seats are still available, but I will post to let you know when they're all gone.

George

User
Posted 14 Feb 2014 at 14:16

Hello again folks,

All seats are now taken for the B2PCa annual 'do' on June 21st.

However, there are always a few cancellations because of treatment side effects etc, so if you'd like to be informed when any places become available, please email me now and I'll keep your names on a separate list.

georgehardy51@msn.com

Looking forward to our summer madness and GOOD weather in June.[:)]

All the very best,

George

User
Posted 16 Mar 2014 at 13:02

16th March 2014

Dear friends,

As promised, I have news of spare seats for the Leicester 'do' on Sat 21st June.
We have room for six more people, so if you'd like to join us, please email me a.s.a.p and I'll send you full details.

georgehardy51@msn.com

Just one thing though....you have to sign a declaration that you will NOT eat (or tamper with) Topgun's buffet![:D]

George

Edited by member 09 May 2014 at 18:01  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 May 2014 at 14:18

Sunday 4th May

Seven weeks from today, Leicester will witness a horde of PCa nutters nursing VERY sore heads (and I do mean those cabbage shaped things attached to your neck![;)]), hopefully on a bright,hot and sunny Sunday morning.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

George

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bad_boys_20.gif

B2PCa site at:
http://bollocks2pca.net

If you're not yet a member, please use the link and then click on 'Register'.

Edited by member 09 May 2014 at 18:00  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 May 2014 at 17:27

Not long to go now...and getting very nervous!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bad_boys_20.gif

Edited by member 07 May 2014 at 17:29  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 May 2014 at 17:34

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Banane21.gif

User
Posted 21 May 2014 at 12:33

Dear Friends,

Unexpectedly, there are two final places available at the afternoon 'do' on Saturday 21st June - AND a double room for the Saturday night at The Mill.

An 'ever present' couple have had to cancel because of a family event, and they will give their room reservation to whoever wants the accommodation.

If you are interested, can you please email me as soon as possible.

georgehardy51@msn.com

If nobody wants the room, they will cancel the reservation on Friday.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

User
Posted 16 Jun 2014 at 12:08

Just a note to everybody coming to Leicester for the annual 'Bollocks Bash (Ouch!!)' on Sat 21st.

Wishing you all a safe journey, and I know a lot of you have much further to travel than my own 200 miles.

In fact we even have a member over from Malaysia.

It's a full house yet again, and fun is guaranteed.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

The PCUK fundraising team have sent a box of 'goodies' to help us in our efforts to get more money into the cause so close to our hearts.

Let's try and raise even more this year.

By the way, did anyone see the Lifeline Appeal from PCUK on BBC 1 last night? Excellent stuff from all involved.

See you all soon,

George

User
Posted 16 Jun 2014 at 14:38
No, not seen the 'lifeline appeal' yet but I hope it is recorded. [I'll look tonight] IF any one sees any of the Campaigning at Westminster on Wednesday on TV, let my know.

See you on Saturday George.

Chris.

User
Posted 16 Jun 2014 at 18:48

I shall be thinking of you people on Saturday I'll be not to far away in Loughborough picking the youngest up for her summer sabbatical.

User
Posted 16 Jun 2014 at 19:28
Paaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrteeeeeeeee xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 23 Jun 2014 at 11:26

Good Morning all,http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

Well, I think most of us are home from Leicester now, tired out but happy.

Thank you all for being there and making it such an enjoyable weekend.

I will do a full post about the event later because there is so much to relate. Suffice to say it was absolutely wonderful to have all of together again. You know, I've found that I've made more true, longstanding friendships in the past nine years than I did in all the years before my diagnosis.

What a fabulous group of guys and girls you are!http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

George

User
Posted 23 Jun 2014 at 12:47

Don't forget to send me your photos, and I will put them in the 2014 Leicester Album.

Once they're all in I'll let everybody on this website know how to access them.

We have a gallery on B2PCa of course, but we also have a special 'Photobucket' site containing albums of every 'do ' since 2007.

Thank you,

George

User
Posted 23 Jun 2014 at 19:35
Many thanks for organising it George. Also a big thank you to Jamie and Si for getting him to come along. Really enjoyed it

Does anyone have the recipe for that Vegan curry, for a sceptic I was very impressed with it :)

Hopefully will get to meet more people at the next event. So many people, so little time ;-)

Take care
Bri
User
Posted 23 Jun 2014 at 22:17
George
A wonderful year for B2PCA.

We had a fantastic time, and can't thank you enough for everything you do. I loved meeting some of the people on the forum I feel I know and hadn't yet met Yes Bri, that's you and Si)

I agree about the vegan curry, it was superb. The talk by Jamie was brilliant, very reassuring, thank you forum members for getting him to come along. Lovely cuddles with Topgun and Mo were the icing on the cake.

We were sad we had to leave early due to visiting family, but already can't wait for next year.

Thank you my friends, you are an amazing bunch.

Love Allison and John xxxx
User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 05:42
Hi George and all the gang,
I have thanked you on another thread but what the heck I can thank you all here too. It was a great do and I'm only sorry we left without saying our goodbyes to everyone but it was getting a bit emotional. I know you were under a bit of stress George with the booking fiasco so a special well done.
Another thank you for mentioning me in dispatches although it was over the top and I felt really embarrassed. You may not realise it George but the " do " was the 1st of my " targets " getting to see my side of the family on Sunday the 2nd. The 3rd and very important our 25th Wedding Anniversary and as we lie in bed with the River Thames looking beautiful from our hotel window that is another one achieved with many more targets in the diary.
To all you exceptional people it was a delight to meet all the old faces and lovely to see so many new faces with if I may a special mention to Mo and Karen the bravest of the brave. At one stage sitting outside my ribs really did ache from laughing followed up by almost being crushed from so many of you giving me a cuddle.
Love to you all,
Life is for living
Barry (alias Barrington )
User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 08:24

Hi George,

I just want to echo Barry's thoughts and comments, well done for organising such a good do.

As a novice first timer, it was a pleasure to meet so many of you who until now have merely been names on the Internet.

:)

Dave

User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 10:15

I'm very sorry to have missed the event this year as we are abroad right now. However, I have just registered with the B2PCa website and will hopefully be there to meet everyone in 12 months time,

Steve

User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 11:41

George, you know that we all love you and appreciate so much the effort and dedication you put into this event every year. 

Our first time in very sad circumstances but Mick made me promise to him that I would go if he could not and that I would continue my strong connection with both forums. He knows that they kept me and Karen going through these last 12 months alongside our many fabulous friends and family.

It was a joy to meet everyone that we have  become so fond of. 

Jamie was brilliant wish Si could get him to come again and this time with a powerpoint projector, I am sure his slides and original talk would be amazing and very thought provoking. Shows the strength of a man who can just carry on regardless.

The raffle prizes were awesome, glad it raised so much money for the cause.

For TG and Karen it must have been an incredible journey. difficult but yet achieved as another target in an astonishing battle. You are both my heroes.

Thanks to you all

xxx

Mo and Karen

User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 14:05

Dear Friends,

Thank you for all your messages, emails and PHOTOS (lots of them).http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif I'll make a start putting them into the albums soon.

Well, the weekend was fabulous. So many old friends together again - and so many new friends there for the first time.

It was a real pleasure to meet you all.

The new function manager put on a superb buffet and the presentation was so professional. Thank you, Gemma Walsh!

So much to say about the day, and so few brain cells to store the details, but I'll try....

Barry gets embarrassed when he gets a mention, but I'll say this. He ain't called Topgun for nothing.

He NEVER fails to hit a target. I never doubted for a moment that he'd get to The Mill on Saturday, and in the fashion stakes he outdone us all with his Union Jack waistcoat.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

There were a lot of very brave ladies there too (great to meet you at last Mo), who have continued to meet up each year despite their sad losses. Girls, you do us all the world of good.

To see you looking so well and having fun (and some VERY late nightshttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif) is great comfort to all we men who worry ourselves silly about the future. Long may you continue to enjoy your weekends at The Mill.

A special thank you to Si, who arranged for his oncologist, Jamie Mills from Nottingham City Hospital, to give us a talk. What a nice bloke he was, and we learned a lot of interesting facts from him.

The big surprise of the day was the raffle. Our friend DerrickB1943 was home from Malaysia and had brought a bottle 10yr old Jura Malt whiskey to raffle for PCUK funds.

No sooner had I started to announce the raffle than he took me aside and told me he had added another prize - the use of a holiday home in either Australia or Malysia. Tickets went like wildfire, and an amazing £317 was raised from that alone.

The winner of the holiday home happened to be one of our longest serving members, Keith. We were all delighted for him and Nette.

And the funny thing was...the malt whiskey was won by a 'Wee Scots Chick' Elsie.  Scotch to a Scot!http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Donations for PCUK badges, keyrings, pens and a couple of t-shirts raised another £74.

You may all know, we have a poem by Chris Boothby read out every year. They are usually outrageous verses, and we love them!

Unfortunately, Chris couldn't be there personally as he's undergone a hernia operation, but he did send an 'apology poem'.

Here goes:

My friends I am so sorry
A Hernia's knocked me flat
Cant sit, cant stand, cant walk about
I'm flat out, like a t*** !

Following from the surgery
A Haematoma did the biz
And I morfed into that character
Buster Gonad out of 'Viz'!

Whilst things slowly are improving
To join you would be folly
As I'd be up there with my tackle
In a supermarket trolley!

So apologies, no poem this year
And whilst that really is amiss
Normal service will return next time
When I'll be back to take the piss!

So please ensure you have a ball
And just one comment from afar
Barry 'Topgun' Newman
You are a much loved 'superstar'!

THANK YOU CHRIS!

And thank you to another Chris, (Exbus) for taking the customary panoramic group photo outside the venue.

Our usual photographer Dan had moved to South Africa. You did a great job Chris.

If I have forgotten to mention anything else, no doubt I will be back here editing like crazy.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Finally, THANK YOU ALL - just for being there., because by being there you lift the hearts of everyone else in the room.

There are always a few tears, but a whole lot of laughter too.

We have such a wonderful gathering of friends, year after year, and I think we all come away feeling happy, batteries re-charged, and totally uplifted.

I will post details at a later date about how to access the photo albums.

Here's to next year..Sat 20th June 2015. Midsummer madness again!http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Edited by member 24 Jun 2014 at 14:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 14:56
I just love everyone xxxxx
User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 18:05
Sounds awesome! Can't wait for next year!

Life's a Marathon. Run in peace.
User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 23:01
Well worth popping along, a wonderful group of people with one intent, to enjoy each other's company and fight Pca (ok that's two).

We had a brilliant time and just feel like it's home.

George, I don't know if you know what it means to us. But basically, the sun and the moon.

Lots of love and looking forward to the 2015 bash.

Can't believe I've I just said that.

Love Allison and John xxx
User
Posted 25 Jun 2014 at 14:11
Allison, it's come to mean so much to us all. I fully understand your feelings.

Speaking personally, I never had as many good and true friends before I was diagnosed as I have now, and seeing them every year in mid summer is the icing on the cake.

I've made a start on the photos (did you see my quick change of avatar?) and hope to get them in an online album so that you can all see them. Watch this space, as they say.

If anyone has any more photos for me, please email them and I'll get them added.

Cheeeeers

George.

User
Posted 25 Jun 2014 at 16:40
Thank you from us two as well.
And a big thank you for Derrick for the fantastic raffle prize. Never won anything in a raffle till now.
Look forward to meeting you all again next year.

Keith & Nette
User
Posted 25 Jun 2014 at 17:35
Lovely event George which went off without a hitch in the end all down to the immense work you do in preparation.

Talking of preparation I fear I may miss the Euston do this year as I am in Hong Kong until mid December. But not seen a date yet? Is there one identified?
User
Posted 25 Jun 2014 at 17:47
Yes Paul. Wednesday 3rd December for our 'small' get together in London.
User
Posted 25 Jun 2014 at 21:04
Ok. I will still be away but will have a drink in the bar on that evening!
User
Posted 28 Jun 2014 at 15:45

Dear Friends,

I've started uploading photos taken at our 'Summer Bash to our special online album.

ANY MORE PHOTOS TO SEND IN? We'd love as many as possible.

To view the albums:

PLEASE CLICK ON: http://s1235.photobucket.com/

(If you have your own Photobucket account, the link will take you to that - if so, please log out of your account.)

Once on the Photobucket.com homepage you will need the
USER NAME: bollocks2pca, and the following password b2pca123 for this private album:

Once there, click on 'LIBRARY', and you will see a list of all the albums from 2007 to 2014

Each day you look in you should see more photos added.

All the very best,

George