I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New to site Bob p - Prostate c patient

User
Posted 07 May 2014 at 18:52

Hi, I have just joined but have used other cancer support sites. I was diagnosed just over three years ago and took part in the "Stampede" trial on the R?T and chemotherapy branch. Eighteen weeks of Docetaxel have left me with several long term side effects.

I am on three monthly Decapeptyl injections and check-ups.

After two failed "TURP" procedures I self catheterize twice a day. Am still very positive though have the odd bad day.

Bob p

User
Posted 07 May 2014 at 19:39

Hiya Bob , hope your coping ok on Decapeptyl , i also have Decapeptyl injections 11.25mg every three months ,

My next jab is next week ... so i am not looking forward to the hot flushes going into overdrive , they seen to calm

down again 2 weeks after the jab , anyways welcome on board .

Dave .

User
Posted 07 May 2014 at 20:40
Hi Bob

Welcome to this forum.

How are you going on right now , has the early chemo helped do you think?

Kind regards

Allison

User
Posted 08 May 2014 at 15:26

Hi Allison, thanks for the welcome. I am doing ok, have a few long term side effects from chemo and my psa has just started to rise after three years of treatment. Still feeling ok and remaining reasonably positive. 

Regards Bob p

User
Posted 08 May 2014 at 20:39
Hi Bob and welcome! I self catherise twice a day and after two months with no problems have now got my third UTI in a row. Have you had infections at all? I am not saying there is a direct connection but there may be a link! But th benefits of ISC outweigh this for me too.