I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Including information on my blog

User
Posted 24 May 2014 at 13:51

I have been doing a blog for awhile about this and that and general ramblings. However, since my OH was diagnosed with PCa a few months ago, I have been toying with the idea of adding a piece on PCs and wondered if I would be OK to link to various pages and issues on the website, obviously giving credit for any information I use to the website and any scientific research links I may use.

Having posted on my blog about my OH's cancer, friends and others who've read it have asked me to do a bit more on it and how we deal with the situation. I hope that by adding something into my blog and pointing them in the direction of this website that I will be able to help others.

My blog is currently, as I say, made up of lots of things but I think that its a good place to share our PCa journey.

www.ceejayblue.wordpress.com

User
Posted 26 May 2014 at 16:56
I should think general references to the message board and the support that members give to each other would be fine but please do not make any reference to me or link to any of my posts.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 May 2014 at 20:26

I've always had some reservations about this forum becoming open for anyone to read. Albeit with members names not visible to non-members. Over time, I think this may detract from what people are prepared to post regarding  details of diagnosis & other personal  concerns. This in turn will lead to less help that can be given by other members. Which could negate much of the openness the old forum enjoyed.

If members' posts start appearing on blogs & elsewhere , and this is picked up in general internet searches, then I'd certainly feel differently about some replies.

A link to the forum is fine of course but some members including myself might balk at seeing some pages or replies elsewhere .

Links to studies etc, which have been published via the net, is different of course . Quoting from such studies with due reference is considered acceptable.

User
Posted 26 May 2014 at 20:36
Ditto Lyn and Rob. Whilst I feel a link to the general site is ok I don't want any reference to my personal posts. I share on here with people who can empathise and wish if to stay that way

Bri

User
Posted 26 May 2014 at 20:40
Hi,

I think you have to be very careful on what you put on your blog, by the very nature of this site there is a lot of confidential and personal information that we share. I have no objection to you pointing out to others the location and aims of this site but like the previous postings would seriously object to any of my posts being placed outside of this forum. In fact this would be a breach of trust and possibly a breach of copyright.

User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 03:37
I concur with previous replies.
Barry