Ahmad

User
Posted 09 Feb 2015 at 14:54

This really is great news Glen, long may it continue 

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 09 Feb 2015 at 16:38

saw oncologist today , 2 more mets , 1 in bottom of spine and 1 in ribs , no spa as he thinks it will be high after i broke my leg , he has ordered RT where the break took place , and he has put me on zometa to strengthen the bones , but he thinks 3 months on enzo is a better indication as you could get a flair from starting it 

Ahmad

User
Posted 19 Feb 2015 at 21:18
Hello

I joined the Enzo users 3 days ago as part of the Stampede Group J so am also taking Abiraterone plus Opeprazole and Prednisolone. This is on top of the normal HT therapy.

I think the idea is to hit the cancer with everything early on

I was diagnosed in late December 2014 with a PSA of 214 and spread to left hip bone.

I started the HT in early January and by mid February PSA had dropped to 40.

It will be interesting to see how my next results (in 2 weeks) will be after 2 weeks of the enzo/Abby cocktail will be.

I'm a little apprehensive about the side effects though but so far am only rattling with all the pills

I share everyone's hope that this drug does what it says on the label

Paul

User
Posted 22 Feb 2015 at 09:25

Hi Paul

It will be very interesting to see how your treatment progresses, many thanks for posting on this.

Hope it all goes well for you. My OH is purely on Enzalutamide and I will keep posting regular updates as we get results.

Glen

User
Posted 26 Feb 2015 at 15:11

I've now completed eight weeks on Enzo. PSA at week 4 was 6.41 and is now 6.77. I asked the Onco about the slight rise. Her reply, "I'm so not worried by that". That will do for me.

Four more weeks prescribed followed by an appointment with Onco.

User
Posted 03 Mar 2015 at 08:32
It's really good to read this, our oncologist said they prefer Enzo to abby tabs as the side effects they see are much lower. This helps us make our decision about whether to go for chemo first when the time comes (it's coming in the next three months or so). Thanks for the updates.

All the best

Allison

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 18:37

Twelve weeks on Enzo and counting. PSA at week 8 was 6.77 and is now 6.46.

Since the PSA is stable they are going to deliver the Enzo to me at home every four weeks rather than make me go to the hospital to pick it up. Wow! This is private patient treatment from the NHS. I didn't ask for this, it was offered at today's appointment.

Bloods will still be done every four weeks. Next appointment with Onco is in eight weeks time.

User
Posted 28 Mar 2015 at 19:16

My husband's next appointment is 1st April, will post update then. He had bloods done yesterday.

Glen

User
Posted 29 Mar 2015 at 06:40

Good luck and fingers crossed here for continued good results

Bri

User
Posted 31 Mar 2015 at 01:56

Well i,m in a lot of pain with my back , last psa was 72 from 26 , but oncologist thinks its because of the radiotherapy i had on the site of my broken leg 

I don't think that enzo is working on me , they have put me on morphine to ease the pain , but it is still there , and now i,m having tingly feeling in my legs , seeing oncologist next week , and see how the psa is going 

thought i update you all 

Ahmed

User
Posted 31 Mar 2015 at 18:57

Best wishes Ahmed,hope you feel a bit better soon,El.

User
Posted 31 Mar 2015 at 19:24
Ahmed

Not to set worries off but tingling in the legs needs reporting ASAP. Have you mentioned this to your oncology team or GP?

Kindest regards

Allison

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 17:42

My hubby's latest results after appointment with Oncologist. PSA stable at 0.02. Haemaglobin steady at 10.4. My OH is "cock-a-hoop" (we're intending to sink a few pints of Cock a Hoop in Keswick at the weekend)! First diagnosis with a PSA of 117 was in September 2012. We're still fell walking, albeit at a slower pace and maybe not so many mountains!

Here's hoping magic beans continue to contain the PCa. Will keep reporting.

All the best.

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 18:29

gotta love those magic beans!! Atb,El

User
Posted 08 Apr 2015 at 17:43

Hi All not been on this site for a while . Just started a trial of enzaludamite Pre Chemo after getting last bone scan with spread to neck and lower spine .Pain in lower back helped by radiotherapy but finding I am getting very tired I am now over 6 years since first diagnoses with Gleason of 9    4 + 5 and  PSA of 584 . Been on zoladex  since being diagnosed .

Only started Enzalutmide on Friday had a couple of days feeling sick and bowels bit loose .

Is it better to take capsules before bed or first thing. I have been taking mine just after brekkie with cup of green tea to wash them down due to size.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2015 at 19:13

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Is it better to take capsules before bed or first thing. I have been taking mine just after brekkie with cup of green tea to wash them down due to size.

I don't know which is best. I take mine at 9am each day.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2015 at 19:18

My OH takes his with his brekki around 8.30/9, however, apparently you can take them at any time so long as similar time each day.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2015 at 19:37

My husband took his in the morning too.

User
Posted 21 May 2015 at 20:30

Consultation with Onco today when I got the last two PSA readings:

PSA at week 12 was 6.46.

PSA at week 16 was 7.14.

PSA at week 20 was 9.16.

So 20 weeks on Enzo now but the PSA is rising. Onco says all the other Bloods results are very good and taking into account I still feel no ill effects from the PCa she has prescribed a further 8 weeks of Enzo.

Next consultation on 2 July 2015.

Conclusions - I think my time on the magic beans is coming to an end and the next stop will be Chemo. If so, I fear this will be the first time since being diagnosed that I will feel 'ill' and my quality of life will be impacted.

User
Posted 06 Jun 2015 at 06:49
That's a real shame, so sorry to read this. My OH had chemo before Enzo. He has his check up Weds so will post results.

Keep positive.

Glen