Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Terry Herbert (YANANOW)

User
Posted 02 Aug 2014 at 12:57

Dear Friends,

I know a lot of us owe a huge debt of gratitude to Terry Herbert for his magnificent work in building the YANANOW site.

I'm very sorry to have to tell you that Terry is now very ill, and in a hospice in Melbourne.

August 12th would mark his 19th year of a long fight against PCa.

The latest news can be found here: Terry

User
Posted 02 Aug 2014 at 18:11
We will add Terry to our prayers, thanks for putting it on here George.

Chris.

User
Posted 02 Aug 2014 at 19:48
Oh George

Thank you for letting us know, our best wishes and love go to Terry.

Love Allison and John

User
Posted 02 Aug 2014 at 21:24
Really sorry to hear this. I've 'dipped' into Yannow now and again. A very positive site ran by a very positive man

Bri

User
Posted 03 Aug 2014 at 20:27
Terry was so kind to me when I first joined and I have always been grateful for the bits of advice and pointers to relevant research that he gave me. I know that he kept an eye on my three men thread.

Terry, I hope that you are surrounded with soft clouds of love and gentle words of comfort, that your days and hours will be filled with calm. Sleep peacefully, good kind man xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Aug 2014 at 20:30
So sorry to hear, Terry, thank you for all you have done for so many people, my best wishes and llove, Janet
User
Posted 04 Aug 2014 at 05:14
Such sad news from our hero down under. Although I never became a member I know that he did so much good for the PCa sufferers world wide. I can but hope that his Hospice is half as good as the one I'm in that will at least ensure a peaceful passing.

Thank you Terry for all you have given us,

Barry ( alias Barrington )

User
Posted 04 Aug 2014 at 20:15

Sad news indeed but what a fighter and tireless campaigner. he will leave a great legacy. In the meantime I hope he and his family find comfort in his many achievements.

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 04 Aug 2014 at 21:29

I am very sorry to read this, I have looked at the site and have read Terry's thread. My heart goes out to him and his family.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 16:41

Just Received E mail

Terry passed away peacefully with his wife Anthea ,his brother Steve,and his son Matt and his daughter in law Dani by his side   May he rest in Peace  

Thank you Terry.

John.s
User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 16:45

So sad to read this, I am glad that he had his family there with him.

RIP Terry

Julie

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 17:01

A great loss.

Rest in Peace Terry and may the angels look after you and your family.

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 17:29

This has come as such a massive shock.

Everything has happened so quickly.

Terry was a legend, and behind that legend was one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet....wise, kind, caring, and at times very very funny.

REST IN PEACE TERRY

George and Lynn

The full announcement is on YANANOW, at: TERRY: 1942 -2014

Edited by member 06 Aug 2014 at 17:39  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 18:25

Very sad news. The Yana site and Terry's story have been a real strength at times.

Thank you Terry. RIP

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 19:42
So sorry to read this sad news. Yana was a massive help to me when first diagnosed. Terry was a real hero of mine.

RIP Terry. Your legacy will live on.

Dave C

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 21:28
Oh no, so sorry to hear this, a valiant fight was put up by an amazing person,

RIP Terry xxxx

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 22:08
Terry, gone but never far away - whenever I am unsure I will look at YANA and be thankful for what you did.

Lyn x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 23:00
TERRY was a great inspiration to so many with YANA.

So sad.

RIP Terry, YANA will live on now in his memory.

Chris.

User
Posted 07 Aug 2014 at 00:50
So very sorry Terry has passed on. Many many folk have been helped through Yana, Terry's dedication and personal contributions. He has in the past from time to time contributed on this forum as some of us will remember. A very sad loss.
Barry
User
Posted 07 Aug 2014 at 09:43

Thank you. I had not seen the site that you refer to before. I had a good look through it last night and it was informative and positive.

What a lovely man Terry seemed to be.

God Bless him and his family.

RIP Terry.

Alison x

Edited by member 07 Aug 2014 at 09:44  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 Aug 2014 at 18:42

Terry gave much time to YANA and always welcomed new members with a personal answer. To the bewildered & newly diagnosed such as myself that was a great boost at the time.

So thank you Terry & Rest in Peace.