I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pomi T

User
Posted 15 Aug 2014 at 22:46

Are there any opinions on taking this supplement?

If it does no harm, thinking about starting OH on it.

Tried to reduce his dairy and red meat, but impossible to get him to follow the Jane Plant diet as he wont eat salad or many veg! Ends up as an argument and I'm accused of nagging!

Not easy!

User
Posted 22 Aug 2014 at 00:19

This supplement was discussed tonight on an Itv programme about superfoods. It discussed recent research carried out on prostate cancer patients and the outcomes appeared positive.

Sorry I don't have the fact and figures but you may be able to pick it up on iplayer

Lorraine

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 09:17
Hi Chris

I have put a link to the FAQ on their website,

Q. Does Pomi-T® have to be taken with food?

A. It doesn’t really matter but in the <5% who previously reported some mild indigestion it disappeared if they then took it with food. Taking Pomi-T® with a fish oil tablet may increase the absorption of the turmeric also this was not required for the study.

I take mine with a krill oil capsule 3 times a day

http://www.pomi-t.com/faq-pomi-t/

Roy

Edited by member 20 Aug 2014 at 09:23  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 16 Aug 2014 at 11:33

Alison,

Have left message in your inbox re., this !

Fiona.

User
Posted 16 Aug 2014 at 13:55
Hi Alison

There was a clinical study carried out into this product. I believe Chris ' (Exbus) oncologist was taking the lead and presented the results in America. It was a relatively small number of men who took part but the results looked promising. I've put a link. However, the study was considering men "...with prostate cancer, managed with active surveillance (AS) or watchful waiting for a PSA relapse after radical treatments".

http://www.pomi-t.com/asco-pomi-t-study-summary/

This forum is good for sharing information

Bri

User
Posted 16 Aug 2014 at 14:36
Alison,

I second Brian's point. My situation is I've had radical RT, am still on HT and am in the STAMPEDE trial control group. At my last review I was told my PCa is in remission. I've tried Pomi-T, but apart from the trials data have no idea whatsoever whether it might be effective in my case. Anything you're able to share about Pomi-T would be most welcome. BTW, I have my 12-weekly oncol review on Tuesday so am feeling a bit nervous!

Viv

User
Posted 16 Aug 2014 at 16:23

I take one capsule a day as part of my daily regime (although the recommended intake is 2-3 capsules). I doubt it does me any harm and it might, if the research is true, do some good. I treat it as it is, a supplement to having lashings of green tea, broccoli and a daily glass of pomegranate juice.

Flexi

User
Posted 16 Aug 2014 at 17:52
My Oncologist, who I saw on Friday asked me if I was taking Pomi -T as it would be good to keep my PSA low for longer. (present PSA is less than 0.1, 9 months since last Zolidex Jab), so taking his advice where does one get it from, and is it only capsules ?

Chris.

User
Posted 16 Aug 2014 at 18:08

my onco said to me that if he was to recommend one supplement it would be Pomi T ...and he advised me strongly to take it.

i take two tablets a day

If you google Pomi-T you can go to the websir=te and order online...form memory it was about £15 per packet....with about 60 capsules in each packet ??

Chris

User
Posted 16 Aug 2014 at 23:09

Thanks ChrisB.    Bought for £13.50 when you buy 4, so I will start taking them when they arrive.   Thank you Allison for starting the thread.

Chris.

Edited by member 16 Aug 2014 at 23:21  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Aug 2014 at 08:39
Thank you everyone, we are going to give them a try too.

Best wishes to all.

Alison x

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 09:08
To those of you taking POMI-T when do you take them, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner ?

HOW do you take them, with food ? with water ? or what.

There is no recommendation of how to take them on my packets which arrived yesterday, so any guidelines would be appreciated.

Chris.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 09:17
Hi Chris

I have put a link to the FAQ on their website,

Q. Does Pomi-T® have to be taken with food?

A. It doesn’t really matter but in the <5% who previously reported some mild indigestion it disappeared if they then took it with food. Taking Pomi-T® with a fish oil tablet may increase the absorption of the turmeric also this was not required for the study.

I take mine with a krill oil capsule 3 times a day

http://www.pomi-t.com/faq-pomi-t/

Roy

Edited by member 20 Aug 2014 at 09:23  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 18:02

Normally when I get home from work. One pill taken with a glass of pomegranate juice, typically on an empty stomach.

Interesting to read Roy about the fish oil.

flexi

Edited by member 20 Aug 2014 at 18:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Aug 2014 at 00:19

This supplement was discussed tonight on an Itv programme about superfoods. It discussed recent research carried out on prostate cancer patients and the outcomes appeared positive.

Sorry I don't have the fact and figures but you may be able to pick it up on iplayer

Lorraine

User
Posted 22 Aug 2014 at 22:49
Lorraine, thank you for mentioning the programme, managed to see it on I-player, I didn't realise that my Oncologist, who was on the programme, was one of the 'inventors' and researchers of the capsule.

Chris.