I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

going for scans

User
Posted 16 Aug 2014 at 16:34

Hi all,i was formerly johnt on old forum,had problems changing over so just rejoined as speedy. I am going for scans shortly as my psa has gradually risen to 3.8 recently. Onco is thinking about Abby or Enzalutimide or even more Chemo. Any advice would be appreciated

User
Posted 17 Aug 2014 at 08:43
I am sure that you have read about the Aby/Enz scenario, which is something to discuss with him.

If not....let us know....people on here will be able to advise/inform you.

All the best

Alison

User
Posted 17 Aug 2014 at 14:57
Hi Speedy\John

We are in the same position and off to see the oncologist tomorrow., will let you know what they say.

Best wishes

Allison

User
Posted 18 Aug 2014 at 11:12

Thanks Allison, seeing onco in Sept,will get results of scans and see what treatment i shall receive.I will keep you posted

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 13:11
Saw onco yesterday, scans showed lymph nodes were now clear, no progression in bone mets but my psa is now 6.4, almost doubled in 6 weeks. Staying on Triptorelin and gettimg psa checked again in 6 weeks. Really pleased about affected lymph nodes now clear

Edited by member 18 Sep 2014 at 13:12  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 16:19

Hi John,

That is a marvellous result

That's you and Mal reporting the same good news about lymph nodes in recent weeks.

For those who live in fear of 'spread to lymph' (and i'm one of them) you give us all hope for the future,

I bet you were dancing when you got the news!

All the best,

George

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 18:23

Hi Speedy/John

Well my goodness that is a good result. As George says it gives hope to us with spread to lymph nodes. Although you have had the rise in psa you have still got quite a few options.

Well done.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 29 Oct 2014 at 15:01
Saw onco today, p.s.a 7.6, only up 1.3 since last time so no change of treatment just now. Talked about a trial involving boosting my immune system. Go back in January and we will take it from there.