Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My anniversary

User
Posted 24 Aug 2014 at 18:19

Hi all

Not trying to sound too sorry for myself but today is exactly five years since my 19.1 PSA level led the doc to tell me I have cancer. Which coincides neatly with me recently becoming hormone resistant. Hey ho. Now I can turn the page to advanced prostate cancer and see what delights are to follow. So I guess I'll be on this site more often! Wish me luck, if you wish.

Dave

User
Posted 24 Aug 2014 at 22:35
I wish you all the best Dave. Still plenty of tools in the box yet

Take care

Bri

User
Posted 24 Aug 2014 at 22:56
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear this latest news, but as Brian says, there are a lot of tools in the box yet so stay calm and stay positive.

Looking back over your profile, I do wonder why they advised an RP given the circumstances.

There seems to have been conflicting opinions from your two consultants.

However, maybe it hasn't altered the course of events.

Have you had scans recently (MRI,CT, bone scan)?

All the best,

George

User
Posted 25 Aug 2014 at 10:21
Wotcha Dave,

Best wishes mate. Lots on here been / going through similar things.

Many, many positive outcomes. Bear with mate & keep posting. We are fighting the good fight alongside you fella.

Carlos

Life's a Marathon. Run in peace.

User
Posted 25 Aug 2014 at 21:40

Hi,  Well you've had 5 years so far-that's an amazing start.  Keep on fighting .  El. 

User
Posted 25 Aug 2014 at 21:45

Sorry to read that you are having to move on with your treatment regime.  But, taking heart from Topgun's thread 15 years on, you can hopefully look forward to at least another 10 years.  And that was with treatment based on then and up to now.  

Please don't get me wrong on this, I am also on the clock, and counting.  

We all have to do all we can and take advantage of all that is available to help us through the etihs we are dealing with and hopefully beat PCa.

dave

User
Posted 27 Aug 2014 at 15:24

Dave

Five years is a good sign http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

I struggled to get to five without throwing the kitchen sink at the little beggar. today was Chemo #17 and I'm on my way to 7 years soon http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

Keep the faith, trust the docs and hang on in there!

Nil desperandum

Allister