I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search



Sore glans

Posted 28 Aug 2014 at 19:20

I have had hormone therapy and of course have no androgen left.

I have also had some RT to pelvic mets although not to either the prostate, testes or penis.

I started on chemotherapy a week ago and have developed a very sore glans skin, under the foreskin.

This started before chemo, for a week or so, but is now much worse.  There is no urethritis or urinary infection and it is not painful to pass urine, only afterwards as the urine stings on the outer skin.  My stream is now good but I am taking tamsulosin at the moment as the stream was very poor until the last RT and the start of chemo.

Can anyone suggest what cream or other I could use to heal this condition which is red, sore and possibly ulcerated?  I take great care now to avoid soap on the skin, there, in case I am allergic.  I dry gently with toilet paper outside the foreskin only not inside!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted 29 Aug 2014 at 09:06
David, I don't think you should be putting anything on it without medical advice - see your GP, ring your specialist nurse or phone the oncology team. Lyn
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
Posted 29 Aug 2014 at 09:21
My OH had this least year, a sore patch in the same place that stang after urination. He went to the GP who did not really know what it was and gave him a cream. I am sorry that I cannot remember the name, however it did not work, so he went back and got another cream that did work! Lyn is right, please see your GP, from our experience it was nothing to sinister to worry about and there has been no reoccurance since. Good Luck. Alison
Posted 29 Aug 2014 at 14:18

Might be balanitis, or inflammation of the glans. This is now a chronic thing for Neil caused by the area being constantly damp and with minimal exposure to the air and complicated by his lymphoedema. Definately get checked out by GP. Neil has a barrier cream which helps but it is stopping dampness and soreness occurring that is the most help if this is what you are suffering from.

Interestingly there was a guy on ' Embarassing Bodies ' recently who had a very serious case which was virtually cured by circumcision, not that I would suggest for a moment that would be your solution, Dave !!! May be something completely different anyway, Best of luck and hope you find something that helps !



Forum Jump  
©2024 Prostate Cancer UK