I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostate Cancer Forum

User
Posted 16 Sep 2014 at 09:52

Please bring back the old site. It was excellent, user friendly and a real comfort and support.

This new site is dreadful.

I can never find the information I want from a search like I used to be able very easily to do. They would highlight the key terms and phrases I was after.

Now I am completely lost.

Regards

Peter Hyde

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 20:44

Peter,

While I do understand your views, you really should start coming to term with the fact that the old site is gone, will never come back.

I do not know where you are on your PCa journey? I am well into mine and spend less time here and relying on here than I did before "the change", thank goodness.

But, for newbies this is the new site, and this is what they will use and probably get as much use and information and support as we old gits did from the old site. No need to adapt as they will not know war was before. You and I maybe be used to vinyl, the newbies are onto CDs mate.

Us oldies do struggle with new stuff, but we have to learn and adapt or we lose ground with modernisation. Hey, you are not still boiling a kettle on a gas ring are you, keep your food in a pantry, wash your clothes in the stream? Or buying your fruit and veg in lbs?

:-)

Dave

User
Posted 19 Sep 2014 at 07:03

Dear Peter

To simplify matters have you tried just:

1.Logging on
2. Going to 'Recent Conversations' (horizontal menu along the top).
3. Choosing from the drop down menu (just below) how far you want to go back (ie You can choose 'since last logged in' and that will just give you a list of the posts made since you were last on the site)
4. If you want to look back over a few days/weeks conversations to find a thread that you were looking at previously you can choose that from the drop down menu.

I find this the quickest and easiest way to get on line and really all I need!

I hope it helps as I am sure that others on this site would be supported by your experiences and posts.

Alison

User
Posted 20 Sep 2014 at 14:09
Many thanks for all your help and advice.

Changes to things that worked well in the first place are not always for the better.

I am just off to put my loin cloth on and club a mammoth for my tea !!

God bless to all

Pete

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 16 Sep 2014 at 17:21

Hi Peter

I know that the new site is tricky to get used to. I too preferred the old one, but as with all things computerised - they move on rather quickly.

Try the site for a few days and see if you can manage it. The support and help on here is worth the effort - as you know.

Maybe the admin management could produce a flyer/booklet with some basic instructions??

Good Luck!

Alison

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 18:35

Hi Peter,

Please stay with it, many of us found it difficult at first but as with anything it gets easier with time.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 20:44

Peter,

While I do understand your views, you really should start coming to term with the fact that the old site is gone, will never come back.

I do not know where you are on your PCa journey? I am well into mine and spend less time here and relying on here than I did before "the change", thank goodness.

But, for newbies this is the new site, and this is what they will use and probably get as much use and information and support as we old gits did from the old site. No need to adapt as they will not know war was before. You and I maybe be used to vinyl, the newbies are onto CDs mate.

Us oldies do struggle with new stuff, but we have to learn and adapt or we lose ground with modernisation. Hey, you are not still boiling a kettle on a gas ring are you, keep your food in a pantry, wash your clothes in the stream? Or buying your fruit and veg in lbs?

:-)

Dave

User
Posted 19 Sep 2014 at 07:03

Dear Peter

To simplify matters have you tried just:

1.Logging on
2. Going to 'Recent Conversations' (horizontal menu along the top).
3. Choosing from the drop down menu (just below) how far you want to go back (ie You can choose 'since last logged in' and that will just give you a list of the posts made since you were last on the site)
4. If you want to look back over a few days/weeks conversations to find a thread that you were looking at previously you can choose that from the drop down menu.

I find this the quickest and easiest way to get on line and really all I need!

I hope it helps as I am sure that others on this site would be supported by your experiences and posts.

Alison

User
Posted 20 Sep 2014 at 14:09
Many thanks for all your help and advice.

Changes to things that worked well in the first place are not always for the better.

I am just off to put my loin cloth on and club a mammoth for my tea !!

God bless to all

Pete