Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

HDR Brachytherapy treatment experience

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 09:25

Dear All,

I underwent HDR Brachytherapy treatment on 19 Sep and on 21 Sep wrote a detailed post of my experience to benefit others either considering or about to embark on the treatment. After writing a page and hitting POST all was lost and I got a message saying I wasn't connected to the forum.

I can't go through all the typing again but if anyone has specific questions, I'd be happy to share my experience.

Best wishes with your respective journeys.

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 15:31

Hi

Strange. If you were using the ”Start a conversation” box and hit the "Post” box to send your posting it seems to me that at that point you were connected to the forum. It is odd that you were then told you were not connected and you lost your posting. ... but of course I'm happy to be corrected.

This looks to be a malfunction - or perhaps it is not. You could copy your message below into the thread "Log in your issues here.." to see if Sadie or Carol can find anything which needs to be fixed.

You could do your postings in Word then copy and paste them into the Quick Reply Box” (but you cannot paste formatted text into that box otherwise you lose the formatting). If things go belly up you still have the text you were working on.You cannot cut and paste into the “Post a reply box”.

There is a bonus in copying from Word which is that you need not mess about with 8.5 font. A thought - can the font size be increased in those boxes?

Alan

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 18:45

Hi RCMJ

I have just noticed that you had already posted on the other conversation about the same time as your posting above. Oops!

Alan

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 00:06

Hi RCMJ,

A preliminary point, as someone more used to the old website, and spasmodic Internet connectivity, when you know you have a lot to say it is often a good idea to draft out your post in Word, copy it, come onto the website and paste it, if you f*** up the process, no matter, because you can always log on again and paste your post a second time.

More to the point, (To save you ploughing through my profile) I am a guy who was initially diagnosed several years ago, I had conventional external beam RT, it seemed to have beaten my PCa for a couple of years, but last year my PSA started to rise, now I am about to have HDR Brachytherapy, as what is termed 'salvage' ie I am lucky enough to be getting a second go at beating this cancer. 

I am due to spend three days, two nights in hospital next month, I believe for a template biopsy.

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone else who has been down this road already?

On a practical point, how drowsy are we the day after treatment, is driving home from hospital feasible?

:)

Dave

User
Posted 24 Feb 2015 at 15:42

Hi Dave,

So sorry I didn't come back to you sooner. (I thought I was supposed to get email notification on the conversation but clearly not!) It was just fluke that I came back to this conversation and found your question.

By now, I assume your HDR is something of a distant memory but hope it went to plan and that your "second bite at the cherry" works for you. Let me know if I can help with info from a slightly more downstream perspective.

Rob