I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Radium 223 Shortage

User
Posted 22 Oct 2014 at 17:45

I spoke with my Onco yesterday and it appears Notts have run out of Radium 223 and it is fast running out world wide.

Statement below from Bayer the manufacture

Bayer has issued a public statement about the shortage of Xofigo (radium Ra 223 dichloride). 

To summarize the important points in the release:

1- Bayer detected foreign material in the drug during its normal and routine inspection process.
2- Because of the existence of this foreign material Bayer suspended production of Xofigo
3- Bayer continues to search for the point at which this foreign substance has been introduced so they can prevent it from entering into the Xofigo.
4- Bayer is working to resolve the problem around the clock and will not begin production until the problem is resolved.
5- Bayer is also working with the FDA to insure the safety of all patients taking the drug.
6- Bayer again said that any product that had been released and used prior to the development of this problem passed all inspections and was safe.
7- Bayer suggests that patients speak with their doctors about their individual situation given the lack of Xofigo.

This release did not provide any projected dates for the resolution of this problem and for when production will again commence.

Not Good

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 22 Oct 2014 at 22:27
not good for those on it now,hope to goodness it is resolved by the New year when you are technically supposed to start. thanks for battling the weather overturned lorries, uprooted trees etc to get me home yesterday xxxxx