Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Next Post op PSA looming

User
Posted 26 Oct 2014 at 19:14

Hi everyone,

I've not been on the forum much following my RALP on 1st May this year. The relief of getting it over with and a much needed motorcycling break (6 weeks post op) in the US led to a slight feeling of detachment to PCa.....sort of denial really.

On my return form the states I had my first post op PSA test and appointment. PSA was undetectable. Pathology showed PCa to be T3a (upgraded from T2a at diagnosis).

Incontinence wasn't really an issue thankfully. I was pretty much dry one month post op. I've had one or two small leaks since but nothing really to speak of.

ED is still an issue but things are improving. 

Generally life is good.

At my first post op consultation (first PSA) I was told the next test wouldn't be needed for 4 months (usually three as far as I can tell). When the appointment came through it was in fact over 5 months since my first post op test. At the time it didn't bother me  but as it get closer I (like many others in the same position) am getting more and more anxious about it and have a tendency to think about my own mortality rather too much especially as my cancer was more advanced than I had thought.

I am thinking of trying to bring my next appointment forward by a month to get it over with.....or maybe not.

My friends and family have been fantastically supportive and will soon have to suffer a month of looking at a hairy top lip for Movember.

Since my diagnosis two friends have also found they have PCa. The help and guidance I have had from the online community has really helped me to be able to advise and guide both of them.

Thanks everyone

User
Posted 10 Nov 2014 at 10:23
Hi have been 18 months since my operation have had few hospital visits but psa has been low. But got my next appointment next week so it that time when you start to have the worrying time. After op had unclear margins and over last few weeks have been having urine problems with flow and infections. I am just hopping that it is not connected to the (C) that was left behind. I have tried to turn my mind off for last few months about it all as have had a lot of other family problems with my daughter who has 3 children having seezures. Sorry for the ramble but I think all of us have a hard time when waiting for psa results. Thanks to all the older members that are on this site that give good advice and a ear to talk to.