Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Trial: Development of a new washable night-time absorbent pant for men

User
Posted 17 Nov 2014 at 12:04

Hi all,

Here's a message from research nurse Bridget Clancy who is looking for men to participate in a trial of a washable night-time pad. This is a trial run by the University of Southampton which we're funding as part of the Movember True Nth programme. Please get in touch with her if you'd like to be involved!

Best,

Sadie

---

Development of a new washable night-time absorbent pant for men 

We are a team of scientists and nurses carrying out a research project to develop an effective and more user-friendly absorbent washable night-time pant for men. We are seeking male volunteers over 18 years who have had treatment for prostate cancer and need to use a pad at night.

If you are a man currently using absorbent products designed for moderate to heavy night-time urinary leakage and would be interested in trying a washable product and giving us your feedback please give us a call.

Please contact:

Bridget Clancy, Research Nurse,

School of Health Sciences

Email b.clancy@soton.ac.uk

Tel 023 8120 4141

Edited by member 25 Nov 2014 at 16:27  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Mar 2015 at 16:40

Hello Bridget.  

Is your trial still running?

I was treated with 37 sessions of radical radiotherapy and Zolodex 7 years ago and have suffered from bladder and bowel problems ever since.  My cancer has now come back and is locally advanced at the moment. I am being treated with Prostap as well as an initial 21 day course of Bicalutamide. 

I have to pad myself out with tissues at all times and would be very interested in trying your nighttime pads if they can cope with my double problem.

I have also posted this to your published e-mail address in case you do not see this reply.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards

Trevor