I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

See you in London

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 15:45

To all the lads and lasses gannin' along the Euston Road tomorrow (Wed 3rd Dec),http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

See you there for the 8th annual B2PCa winter get-together.

HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY (with no disruptions).

The weather forecast looks good so even I should get there from Newcastle in time for a change.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

All the best,

George

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 19:54

Hi,

I wish I could be there with you all tomorrow. 

I've been looking forward to it for months. Never did I imagine that I would end up missing it for health reasons other than PCa, you never know what's around the corner.

I know it's right that I shouldn't go but it is frustrating all the same.

I hope everyone has a great time and look forward to being well enough to see you all in Leicester in the summer.

Take care everyone.

Steve

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:10

I've opened my penny jar in preparation, I hear it can be expensive in that there London town.

See you there tomorrow.
Shame you can't be there Steve but I'm sure George will take lots of pictures.

A big thanks to George for sorting it all out, good man. (despite the rumours) :)

Cheers

KEvin

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:34
I will be there tomorrow but be gentle as I am a b2PCa virgin!!!

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 22:00

You and me both Kev!
I'll be the one looking like a startled rabbit....

Kevin

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 22:48

Can't be any worse than a biopsy!

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 22:59

Already here....We are out and about tomorrow but shall get there for a drink mid afternoon

See you soon

Bri

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 23:09

Beware of Leprechauns bearing gifts! http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 03 Dec 2014 at 00:11

Have a good day everyone. I shall miss you all. Make sure you have a drink Brian, long way to go not to arrive!! Have a debauched time everyone! What shall I do, work I guess. Best wishes from Hong Kong!

User
Posted 03 Dec 2014 at 18:56

Thank you George, once again , for organising a fab London get together.

It seemed to be busier than I ever remembered - and of course I couldn't stay very long and bailed out before some people even turned up !

Well done George anyway!

Ross

User
Posted 03 Dec 2014 at 19:51
I have been back indoors for a short while, was fearful I might doze off on the train and end up in Swansea!

Lovely to see so many people, thanks George for organising again.

Special thanks to Karen Newman for the brilliant evening last night we will be singing Frankie Valli for months to come!!

xx

Mandy Mo

User
Posted 03 Dec 2014 at 21:47
Thanks to everyone for me making me so welcome on my first outing, I look forward to chatting and meeting you all for many years to come, kev

User
Posted 04 Dec 2014 at 08:40

Good times were had yesterday, it was great to be able to put 'faces to the names' as they say.
A big shout out to George for arranging it all, cheers mate!

Not too much of a bad head this morning either, result!

Thanks to all for making this shy guy welcome.

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 04 Dec 2014 at 09:07

Yep agree with everyone ..cheers George. Met some lovely people but didnt neet everyone.

Kev, we didn't get to brick lane but found a nice indian near Hyde park....
Thankfully the head is ok today so off to the national history museum to see the stegosaurus

Take care

Bri

Edited by member 04 Dec 2014 at 09:08  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Dec 2014 at 09:46

It was great to meet everyone at last and once again a big thanks to George for arranging it all. One or two missing unfortunately but I'm sure that will be remedied in June next year.

Steve

User
Posted 04 Dec 2014 at 12:52

Great day, great people, as usual didn't get to speak to everyone,

Thanks George

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 04 Dec 2014 at 14:21

It was great to see you all again, and to meet some of you for the first time.

Sadly, one or two of our stalwarts weren't well enough to make the journey this year and they were much missed.
I'm sure they'll be there for the 'Big One' in Leicester in June 2015 though.

Kevin (IRUN), if you don't get my message through the personal messages section here, please email me at:
georgehardy51@msn.com

We must never forget that these December meetings were first arranged in 2007 by two legends of this website, Grant Martin (Martini) and Bernie Boyce, sadly no longer with us, but we've continued the tradition annually in their memory.
And to see Grant's wife Sandra there every year is a massive bonus.
Sad to say, but Sandra is now joined each December by other wives of our fallen comrades, and the numbers grow.

Ladies, we salute all of you (Sandra, Aase, Janet, Elsie, Lynne, Mo, Karen and Terri).

Seeing you all there gives we PCa guys such a boost, knowing that you've made such lasting friendships and grow stronger by the year. Plus...your 'banter' is much funnier than that of we guys!
You help make the day so enjoyable for everybody.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

One thing does worry me about the posts above though.
Why was Brian having a 'Nice Indian' near Hyde Park???

For those new here who may want to register for these twice yearly get-togethers, please click on the link below.

All the best,

George

Edited by member 04 Dec 2014 at 14:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 Dec 2014 at 09:15

I also had a nice Chinese near Leicester Square ;-)

Bri

User
Posted 06 Dec 2014 at 12:24
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I also had a nice Chinese near Leicester Square ;-)

Bri

Snap!

We wandered over the the west end to do some shopping, decided we couldn't be bothered so wandered into China Town and grabbed a meal washed down with a 'Chinese Red' wine.

Staggered home and went directly to bed.

Fuzzy head for me next day.

Kevin

User
Posted 06 Dec 2014 at 13:08

Kevin,

You and I can't compete with Brian.

Is the term 'Babe Magnet'?

He has a nice Indian then a nice Chinese, while you're hauled over to the West End by 'she who must be obeyed' and I was stuck at Kings Cross waiting for a very delayed train North.

Maybe it's his Movember tash that changed his luck? : )~

User
Posted 06 Dec 2014 at 15:10

Italian for us. The Balfour is just around the corner from the Flyer and has been there for years. Shouldn't have had that extra bottle of wine though http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister