Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Phew results are in

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 18:16

Hi all,

Just back from a long day at the hospital, with good news as far as it can be, so a massive relief!

The CT results have come back with no spread outside the pelvis area (ie, they couldn't see any, but always the possibility of small cancer cells that they can't see) so final diagnosis stands at T3b N1 M0.

Initial PSA score of 19.4 (beginning of Oct) has dropped to 2.27 and testosterone score was 1.96, which we were told was well below the usual 9.9-27.8 expected for a man of that age?

As a result we have signed up for the STAMPEDE trial, and have a 50:50 chance of getting either arm ie, ARM A = HT & RT or ARM J =enz + ab on top of HT & RT. My OH will start RT 6 months after starting the HT (so in just under 5 months time). It will target the prostate as well as the lymph glands on both sides of pelvis, even though cancer only showed up on one side.

When we went in to see the oncologist, he said the results were quite good news, so we were waiting for a 'but ....', but we didn't seem to get one just what I have written above, so we were both massively relieved and came away feeling positive, so different from our last visit!

A big thank you to everyone for all your messages of support over the last month, what would we do without this site? It has been a life-line for us during such a confusing time, so BIG BIG THANKS, finally we know where we are going!

Miss x

User
Posted 03 Dec 2014 at 16:51

Glad to hear the good news!  Sounds like a plan!

flexi

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:13

Great news!

Fingers crossed that you get arm J, looks like a jamboree bag full of the good stuff.

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:30

Good evening Miss

Thank you for your post, I was wondering how it went for you.

Your OH has almost the exact same diagnosis as my OH and looks like a very similar treatment plan, depending of course upon the arm that you get.

I hope that you can get a little more sleep tonight, knowing that you have a 'plan'.

I hope that you will be able to enjoy Christmas now with your family as much as you can.

It is funny how life works and things like this make spending time with the children more urgent and make you realise what really is important, and putting the more petty things into perspective.

I am glad this site has helped you.

Best wishes

Alison

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:31
Fantastic to read your news, a massive relief I am sure. Fingers crossed you get the arm u want. Sleep we'll tonight, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:50

Hi Miss,

Really pleased you had good results today.

I've been wondering how things went today.  I hope this means you can have a bit more relaxed Christmas now you know these results.  At least you have a much better idea of what you have to deal with now.

Try and enjoy family time together, it's so important.  I spent the day cuddling my grandson, he's one month old tomorrow and it made me feel so much better.  I'm so lucky.  Really looking forward to Christmas in spite of the fact I will be entering another decade on my birthday.

Please send my best wishes to your husband.  Hope everything goes well on the trial.

Keep in touch. 

Steve

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:13

Great news!

Fingers crossed that you get arm J, looks like a jamboree bag full of the good stuff.

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:30

Good evening Miss

Thank you for your post, I was wondering how it went for you.

Your OH has almost the exact same diagnosis as my OH and looks like a very similar treatment plan, depending of course upon the arm that you get.

I hope that you can get a little more sleep tonight, knowing that you have a 'plan'.

I hope that you will be able to enjoy Christmas now with your family as much as you can.

It is funny how life works and things like this make spending time with the children more urgent and make you realise what really is important, and putting the more petty things into perspective.

I am glad this site has helped you.

Best wishes

Alison

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:31
Fantastic to read your news, a massive relief I am sure. Fingers crossed you get the arm u want. Sleep we'll tonight, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 20:50

Hi Miss,

Really pleased you had good results today.

I've been wondering how things went today.  I hope this means you can have a bit more relaxed Christmas now you know these results.  At least you have a much better idea of what you have to deal with now.

Try and enjoy family time together, it's so important.  I spent the day cuddling my grandson, he's one month old tomorrow and it made me feel so much better.  I'm so lucky.  Really looking forward to Christmas in spite of the fact I will be entering another decade on my birthday.

Please send my best wishes to your husband.  Hope everything goes well on the trial.

Keep in touch. 

Steve

User
Posted 03 Dec 2014 at 16:51

Glad to hear the good news!  Sounds like a plan!

flexi