I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Christmas wishes

User
Posted 22 Dec 2014 at 23:44
I personally always find Christmas a very emotional time, mainly as I tend to think about my family and friends who are no longer with us.

Since I was diagnosed two years ago I do think about how fortunate I am and try my best to live to Topgun's mantra 'life is for living'. I am sure I am not alone when I say that a diagnosis such as we have all had puts a whole new perspective on things

I see how some of my friends deal with their own situations, diagnosis and outcmes so admiraby and I feel honoured to know them....They are my inspiration

So I would like to wish you all a Christmas that is filled with love,hope,strength and the determination to face whatever life throws at you but to remind you that whatever you are going through, you are not alone.

Take care

Bri

User
Posted 22 Dec 2014 at 23:44
I personally always find Christmas a very emotional time, mainly as I tend to think about my family and friends who are no longer with us.

Since I was diagnosed two years ago I do think about how fortunate I am and try my best to live to Topgun's mantra 'life is for living'. I am sure I am not alone when I say that a diagnosis such as we have all had puts a whole new perspective on things

I see how some of my friends deal with their own situations, diagnosis and outcmes so admiraby and I feel honoured to know them....They are my inspiration

So I would like to wish you all a Christmas that is filled with love,hope,strength and the determination to face whatever life throws at you but to remind you that whatever you are going through, you are not alone.

Take care

Bri

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 12:00

I was going to do a MERRY CHRISTMAS post but as Bri has so brilliantly put what I was going to say I will add it here.

It has been a tough year we have lost some lovely men, there journey has sadly ended but for the rest the journey continues . I will be raising a glass on Christmas Eve in memory to all of our lovely men lost this year if you would like to join me around 8.30 . For all of us still on this journey I will be raising a glass at 8.35 that's PM just to clarify. Of course by 9pm I will be ever so slightly squiffy and probably in bed.

Lots of Love to all

Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 09:34
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A CURATIVE NEW YEAR Bri, and to all you wonderful people who have helped me more than you know. I Never thought I would see it but I am 60 today, so only 40 to go.

Roy

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 15:20

Thanks Bri.

We've had a terrible year, losing so many good friends in such a short time.

I have to admit, never before has it got to me so much.

In fact, for me, the only highlights of 2014 were meeting you and Lesley and other new friends for the first time at our get-togethers in Leicester and London and to see you all getting on so well with the dozens of us 'Old Codgers' (just kidding guys and ladies of B2PCa).http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY

and

A HAPPY AND TROUBLE-FREE 2015

George

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 20:35
Just popping my to add my good wishes for the Christmas period to one and all. I will join you by raising a glass tomorrow Julie, in honour of our fallen fends and their bereaved families.

We have had a funny old year, birth of our first grandchild, redundancy, promised and then refused for me (sob and I won't comment on what I think of HR), expected chemo and then put off. Could have been a lot worse and baby Dakota has brought extra joy into our lives.

Merry Christmas my dear, dear friends

Love Allison and John xxx

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 20:04
I am a newby but have to say thanks to everyone who has bothered to post a reply to my rumblings over the last two months, those who I met in London (Si in particular) and everyone for any posting as it is good to read we (can I say we yet or am I too new)have such a vibrant and caring community. Silly but one if my dark thoughts is about who will remember me when I have gone and I know that people here will as well as my family and that makes a difference. Have a great Xmas everyone, over indulge in everything you can as that is why New Years resolutions were invented!!!! Love u all , (and I will be running for 2 hours or 14 miles tomorrow as I will call myself IRUN whilst I can) Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 21:34

The Scott Family would like to wish you all a merry Christmas and the very best new year possible.

Just returned with the kids from the Chris Dingle church service and now two very excited girls are tucked up in bed.

Julie i will now raise my glass or six to all our friends that we have lost this year.

Happy Christmas

Si & Ness

Kev enjoy your run there is absolutely no chance of bumping in to me http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 25 Dec 2014 at 17:24

Merry Christmas to all who belong to this wonderfully supportive and inspiring forum family, and thank you for all your supportive comments over the last couple of challenging months, it is so much appreciated. 

Miss x

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 09:49

Happy birthday Roy...same date as my Mrs

Bri

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 10:03
Happy Chrsitmas Brian and family, wishing you all the best for 2015 too. Dave (Country boy 55) also sends best wishes, he is unable to post just now.

xx

Mandy Mo

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 10:32

Merry Christmas Bri 

Oh....and 'Appy Burfday Roy http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 13:29

Merry Christmas Brian and Everyone and a

Happy and Healthier New Year 2015

Happy Birthdays Roy and Mrs Brian. Hope they are good ones

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 17:34
Merry Christmas to you Bri and all other forum members.

Wishing you all the best this Christmas and the new year.

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 00:46

Bri,  

Wishing you and all members of this forum a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

I hope all members have the most perfect Christmas ever, events during the past six months have made me realise how much I want that to happen, especially this year.

I wish everyone all the luck in the world in the fight against this dreadful disease during 2015. 

I look forward to meeting some of you in Leicester in June.

Best Wishes,

Steve

User
Posted 25 Dec 2014 at 11:41
Kev,

I was like you last night when I raised a glass to remember those on this site who are no longer with us. I never really knew them, being a fairly new member, but I felt really sad to know members of "our family" wouldn't be here to enjoy Christmas with their love ones.

Steve

User
Posted 01 Jan 2015 at 14:10

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and good wishes for 2015,El.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 09:34
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A CURATIVE NEW YEAR Bri, and to all you wonderful people who have helped me more than you know. I Never thought I would see it but I am 60 today, so only 40 to go.

Roy

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 09:49

Happy birthday Roy...same date as my Mrs

Bri

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 10:03
Happy Chrsitmas Brian and family, wishing you all the best for 2015 too. Dave (Country boy 55) also sends best wishes, he is unable to post just now.

xx

Mandy Mo

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 10:22

Thanks Mo....yes I heard about Dave

Bri x

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 10:32

Merry Christmas Bri 

Oh....and 'Appy Burfday Roy http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 12:00

I was going to do a MERRY CHRISTMAS post but as Bri has so brilliantly put what I was going to say I will add it here.

It has been a tough year we have lost some lovely men, there journey has sadly ended but for the rest the journey continues . I will be raising a glass on Christmas Eve in memory to all of our lovely men lost this year if you would like to join me around 8.30 . For all of us still on this journey I will be raising a glass at 8.35 that's PM just to clarify. Of course by 9pm I will be ever so slightly squiffy and probably in bed.

Lots of Love to all

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 12:24
Happy Birthday Mrs Bri, hope you got something nice.

Roy

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 12:53

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Lots of Love to all

BFN

Julie X

That's a nice thought Julie....... I shall be raising a few glasses with you...

PS..... I'd like to think / hope my stamina will last a little longer than 9pm though.....  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Best Wishes 
Luther

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 12:54

Lovely post, Bri,

Wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas,

Fiona. x

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 13:29

Merry Christmas Brian and Everyone and a

Happy and Healthier New Year 2015

Happy Birthdays Roy and Mrs Brian. Hope they are good ones

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 14:14

Thank you Brian and to all of the other lovely people who have helped me via this site, including those no longer with us.

Wishing you all a happy Christmas.

With love

Alison x

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 15:20

Thanks Bri.

We've had a terrible year, losing so many good friends in such a short time.

I have to admit, never before has it got to me so much.

In fact, for me, the only highlights of 2014 were meeting you and Lesley and other new friends for the first time at our get-togethers in Leicester and London and to see you all getting on so well with the dozens of us 'Old Codgers' (just kidding guys and ladies of B2PCa).http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY

and

A HAPPY AND TROUBLE-FREE 2015

George

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 17:34
Merry Christmas to you Bri and all other forum members.

Wishing you all the best this Christmas and the new year.

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 20:35
Just popping my to add my good wishes for the Christmas period to one and all. I will join you by raising a glass tomorrow Julie, in honour of our fallen fends and their bereaved families.

We have had a funny old year, birth of our first grandchild, redundancy, promised and then refused for me (sob and I won't comment on what I think of HR), expected chemo and then put off. Could have been a lot worse and baby Dakota has brought extra joy into our lives.

Merry Christmas my dear, dear friends

Love Allison and John xxx

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 00:46

Bri,  

Wishing you and all members of this forum a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

I hope all members have the most perfect Christmas ever, events during the past six months have made me realise how much I want that to happen, especially this year.

I wish everyone all the luck in the world in the fight against this dreadful disease during 2015. 

I look forward to meeting some of you in Leicester in June.

Best Wishes,

Steve

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 10:25

And similarly from me.

Just to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a great 2015.

(All in all, I'm not too sorry to say goodbye to 2014 - it's not been the best of years).

Best Regards,

Patrick

Life is a journey. You can't move forward on a journey AND stay in the same place.
User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 10:36

Happy Christmas to everyone here, past and present.

My thoughts on my position since diagnosis, is that every day is a bonus to be made the most of.

Things really can only get better in 2015.

ATB

Dave

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 11:59

Hi all, i would like to wish everybody in this unique club, past & present a Great Xmas & Happy 2015.

For me now over 2 years since RRP & still 0.02 life good, living it to the full & dealing with life's knock-backs as they come.

Keep spreading the words "HOW'S YOUR PSA????? Cheers!

fenman

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 12:24

I'm the one to have given Brian no13 thanks,my birthday is on a 13th so its not unlucky.

Any how Happy Christmas to one and all no matter the situation you find yourselves in.

BarrieM

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 13:34

Merry Christmas all! 

Flexi

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 20:04
I am a newby but have to say thanks to everyone who has bothered to post a reply to my rumblings over the last two months, those who I met in London (Si in particular) and everyone for any posting as it is good to read we (can I say we yet or am I too new)have such a vibrant and caring community. Silly but one if my dark thoughts is about who will remember me when I have gone and I know that people here will as well as my family and that makes a difference. Have a great Xmas everyone, over indulge in everything you can as that is why New Years resolutions were invented!!!! Love u all , (and I will be running for 2 hours or 14 miles tomorrow as I will call myself IRUN whilst I can) Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 21:34

The Scott Family would like to wish you all a merry Christmas and the very best new year possible.

Just returned with the kids from the Chris Dingle church service and now two very excited girls are tucked up in bed.

Julie i will now raise my glass or six to all our friends that we have lost this year.

Happy Christmas

Si & Ness

Kev enjoy your run there is absolutely no chance of bumping in to me http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 24 Dec 2014 at 23:25

Raised a glass, well a can, earlier to all the men we've lost this year and their families

Take care all

Bri x

User
Posted 25 Dec 2014 at 08:34

Raised my glass of hot lemon barley too. Already had a LARGE glass of wine so better be cautious.
~I did think of the site and everyone on it though!.
Have already said it but it bears repeating

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

User
Posted 25 Dec 2014 at 09:04

And a Very Happy Christmas from us too.

May the New Year bring whatever treatment you are on to a successful conclusion, and look forward to whatever holidays you have got booked.

And finally to all those widowed for their first Christmas alone our heartfelt prayers to you all, just remember the good times and remember they will never be forgotten, they live on in YOUR memories.

Best wishes, Chris and Shirley.

User
Posted 25 Dec 2014 at 09:22
Being new I didnt have the honour of knowing those no longer here but just reading posts whilst listening to driving home for Christmas by Chris rea has bought a tear( well several actually) to my eyes, thoughts for everyone with best wishes and hope that we can all still post this time next year. Happy Xmas, Kev

User
Posted 25 Dec 2014 at 11:41
Kev,

I was like you last night when I raised a glass to remember those on this site who are no longer with us. I never really knew them, being a fairly new member, but I felt really sad to know members of "our family" wouldn't be here to enjoy Christmas with their love ones.

Steve

User
Posted 25 Dec 2014 at 17:24

Merry Christmas to all who belong to this wonderfully supportive and inspiring forum family, and thank you for all your supportive comments over the last couple of challenging months, it is so much appreciated. 

Miss x

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 17:48
Hi all having a great week in woolacombe bay with family and best two mates and their families so 11 of us will be seeing in the new year. What a difference a year makes but with support directly and indirectly from this website I am looking forward to being here in 12 months time after 6 months to come of chemo and RT. One of the posts today talked about life being for living and it bleeding well is. Did a 9 mile run with mates around Devon Coast this morning and just chillin now. I wish everyone else an improving 2015 and hope you all get as much life in as is humanly possible. I am sure I share many men here in knowing how important our wives are in this journey even if we don't tell them enough or get ratty or unreasonable, I could not do it without mine who I now love more than ever. Happy new year to everyone ( sorry it's a bit early but I won't b able to type - I hope- by midnight!, letting off fireworks on the beach, alcohol and fireworks not a good idea but who cares)

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 17:57

Hope, health and happiness in 2015. That's all. God bless us all.

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 18:33

We are going dancing tonight and at midnight I will raise my glass of coke to all of you - those who have joined us this year, those who have been blessed with seeing in another New Year against the odds, dear friends gone whose words & support I miss so much .... but especially to those who will see in 2015 knowing that they have a mountain to climb.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 18:36

Happy new year all, your support on here is a god send.
We are staying in tonight but flying off to Benidorm of all places on Saturday morning...I was a bit unsure about this jaunt but what the hell...yee ha!!

Take care all

Bri

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 18:44

A happy and most importantly Healthy new year to everyone on this forum.

Your support and advice is invaluable, and much appreciated.

I hope that I can help others the way that you have inspired me to do so.

Best wishes one and all.

Alison x

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 19:10

Happy New Year to each and every member of this forum, wives, partners and children.   
We need each other. Let's be here for each other throughout 2015, come what may.

Best Wishes all Sandra

Edited by member 31 Dec 2014 at 19:11  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Jan 2015 at 03:00

Happy New Year to all from me to. Watched a superb firework display with our two daughters and their families in Bideford (Devon) to mark the New Year. Whilst the spectacle was enjoyed by many, particularly our Grandchildren, I did wonder whether the money could have been better spent in repairing some of the pot holes in our area!

Barry
User
Posted 01 Jan 2015 at 10:22
Wishing all forum members and their families all the very best for 2015.

Thank you also for your support and kindness. This is appreciated more than words can say.

Edited by member 01 Jan 2015 at 17:25  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Jan 2015 at 14:10

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and good wishes for 2015,El.