Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
«<91011

Today is the First Day of the Rest of my Life

User
Posted 21 May 2015 at 14:55

Well, if it does and it's up you can tell yourself it's because of the cycling.

If it's down then you can say to yourself wow, how much further down would it have been if I hadn't cycled.

If it stays the same then the cycling hasn't affected it.  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 21 May 2015 at 22:29

I am sure it won't matter Steve.  

atb

dave

Edited by member 22 May 2015 at 00:58  | Reason: Not specified

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 21 May 2015 at 22:54
Steve

You must have read on here countless times about cycling and what it can do. I am at a loss.

I know you have a lot of issues so why do you do things that can make things worse.?

Nuff said from me other than I can empathise with Dave's post.

I am pleased to hear you are doing so well but please stop and think what your posts might mean to others who are trying to do everything by the book so to speak.

I really wish you well

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 22 May 2015 at 00:24

Hi,

I didn't cycle for leisure on Wednesday.  I know how important this test was to me (and those around me).  I'm concerned that my PSA hasn't fallen as much as others on this site so I really wanted the reassurance of a lower figure.   

At 11.10am on Wednesday, I set off from home in my car to go to my 11.30am therapy appointment and before I reached the end of my road, thick smoke was pouring out of the exhaust pipe of my car. I turned back to my home and was in an absolute panic about how I was going to get to my appointment.  After the week I had, I really needed to talk to the therapist.  I grabbed my bike and raced to the medical centre and managed to arrive only five minutes late. 

After the session, I came out and suddenly realised what I had done.  In my panic to get to the appointment, I'd forgotten that I shouldn't have rode a bike that close to my PSA test.  I felt sick in my stomach that I had messed up.  Any benefit of the therapy session drained away.  I've been worrying about it ever since.  I've just had so much on my mind, it hasn't been an easy week.

I walked home with my bike, not wanting to make things worse than they already were and just prayed that I'd not ruined things anymore than I already have.

It's hard to fully concentrate on things sometimes when there's so much going on in my life.  Things I can't really talk about on this site.

Steve

Edited by member 22 May 2015 at 00:25  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 May 2015 at 00:26

Steve,

I have held back from posting on your thread but this latest twist  for me defies normality why would you sabotage your own psa test ? 

Your posts never have any regard for others, yes you are going through hard times.

No heating- Been there Got the T shirt

No money - Been there Got the T shirt

Speeding tickets - Been there got the T shirt

Heart Attack's - Been there got the T shirt

PC - Been there got the T- Shirt

Lost our home - Been there got the T shirt

Trevor's Stroke - Been there got the T shirt

Why you would feel the need to post your wife's intimate letter -sorry no T shirt. from your own admission she doesn't read your posts so that would be like me writing Trevor a personal letter on the forum. Sorry I don't get it .

We all have hardships in our lives that ride along with our pc diagnosis , you are not unique , live my life for a week I can assure you after a week you would count your blessings. 

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 22 May 2015 at 00:49
Julie,

She told me that she wrote that to post on this site which I did. I thought it was important to do that because I wrote things which I regret now. If it makes everyone happy, I may have to get used to coping with everything alone.

Steve

User
Posted 22 May 2015 at 01:10

Oh Steve,

You must have been exhausted when you got to the therapy session. A 30 minute car journey in less than 25 minutes on a bike? Goodness. I can not think of anything that you have not posted online so not sure what you mean about coping alone?  Not posting?  Is that likely?  There will always be someone here to support you in any way be it financial or emotional or tactical.  Your wife, is she with you, I am not sure, is she all over you or absent now, can't keep up with the latest?

Re your last thought - a Carlsberg moment?  I would not worry too much.  I think I understand your situation, I am sure others will  be equally understanding?

keep your chins up

daved

Edited by member 22 May 2015 at 01:29  | Reason: Not specified

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 22 May 2015 at 08:49
STICK WITH US STEVE!

Arthur

User
Posted 22 May 2015 at 09:49

Post removed by moderator.

Edited by moderator 22 May 2015 at 14:17  | Reason: Not specified

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 22 May 2015 at 16:03

Steve

We have all got loads of other problems to deal with.

I try to stick to the PCa ones on this site - as some of my other issues are irrelevant to the members on here.

I am sorry that you are going through a bad time, you started out on here so positively. I hope you have been to the GP for some anti-depressants that others have recommended to try.

Your experiences can help others who are just starting out with this disease, so I am sure that your contributions will help.

Alison x

User
Posted 23 May 2015 at 13:15

Hello Steve,
I hesitated a long time before posting on this thread again and I’ve thought very hard about what to say.
I hope you are still reading, even if you have been hurt by some of our comments.

I tend to think of this website as an extended family, even though I know I am never going to meet any of you in real life.
Sometimes, as a family, we speak our mind, I’m sure you’ve had that in your own “terrestrial” family.
Words are said because somebody in the family feels their thoughts need to be out in the open.

We get impatient with people we care about, perhaps because we feel they could do better or more to help themselves.
We want the best for them and get stressed on that member’s behalf if it appears they aren’t doing the best for themselves.

I think part of your problems have been that you have used the site as a personal diary, using it to reflect your mood or unhappiness and you’ve shared things with us that you wouldn’t have dreamt of doing pre PCa.
When you read back over what you wrote in this diary you’ve realised that the comment was either unfair or unkind and so have altered it, without first considering that the “dialogue” would then appear disjointed to anyone else reading it as well as making another member’s comment either superfluous or nonsense.

I know that was never your intention, you wouldn’t knowingly want to hurt any of your online “family” but that was the result.

As far as the discrepancy of whether it was you or Mrs Steve wanting her list posted, I can see that it could happen either way. She gives you a list, you ask if you can post it to show you are sorry and that you love her and she says she hopes you will as that was what she intended to happen. As far as she is concerned, you've posted everything else.
It doesn’t really matter does it, who said what to whom. She loves you, she’s hurting and so are you because you caused it.

Thistledubh calls it “Tough Love” and it is.
What has been written is because your Prostate family DOES care.

Don’t desert us because a few home truths might have hurt. Accept it all as a gently chiding. We want the best for you so now go out and do your best to get it!!

Let this post die a natural death. It is 11 pages long and has 518 comments on it, practically all of it supportive when you needed us most.

Stay with us Steve, and Mrs Steve if she feels she can bear to be part of us, but start another chapter of your story.

Much of what you have experienced and gone through will be unique to you (Although Julie understands very well what it has been like) and you have much to offer new members in the future who may suffer in the same way.

You can’t give back to other people if you are not on here taking part.

You have been given back your life, twice now, and you have to live it to the best of your ability or it was all pointless.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

There you are, a line drawn

Start again.
Keep us up to date with your progress, because there will be some.
Keep us up to date with work, because there will be some.
Keep us up to date with the brand new members of your family.
Live for them, if you can't do it for us.

All the best
Sandra

User
Posted 23 May 2015 at 14:06

A very thoughtful and pertinent post by Sandra.

Barry
User
Posted 24 May 2015 at 04:31
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your thoughtful post and so well written.

I was always going to end this thread anyway once the stress echocardiogram results told me what I needed to know as this, in a way, is the end of that particular journey. Now that I know what the problem is I intend to forget about it and not let it stop me doing what I really want to do.

It was hard to read some of the posts here recently and they have really upset me but that's my own fault baring my soul too much. The truth hurts sometimes and this really has. I always thought what I wrote might help others who are maybe facing similar difficulties.

Thanks again, Sandra.

Steve

Edited by member 24 May 2015 at 04:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 May 2015 at 08:42

Glad you're still here and still reading Steve.

I look forward to your new, forward thinking, enthusiastic posts on a different page.

If you have your PSA results please post them. I'm sure there are many on here who are still interested.

You are further towards the light at the end of the tunnel Steve. Nearly there. Go for it. Best Wishes Sandra

User
Posted 24 May 2015 at 16:18

Steve, as you are on HT still, the cycling is unlikely to have had any impact on your PSA so you can put that out of your mind. You also need to try to remember that your body is behaving like a menopausal woman ... so it is harder to build muscle and extra calories go straight to the hips :-( Be stricter with your diet and stick to the exercise regime

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard