Notification

Error

old thread revived RT underway

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 19:18

Radio Therapy underway

FOLLOW THIS CONVERSATION EMAIL THIS CONVERSATION PRINT THIS CONVERSATION

Posted 05 March 2014 07:58:49

Great News Shireen. So pleased for you both. 
Cheers, 

Peter

Thanked 1 time

Posted 05 March 2014 21:45:53

Hi Shireen, 
Goe's without saying, we are so pleased for you[;)] 

BEST WISHS ALL 

BARRY

Posted 06 March 2014 09:19:07

Think anyone reading this blog would believe that 0.1 is score everyone has to get. To put into perspective, My psa was 0.7 after RT, I stopped HT (against onco advice), went up to 3.0 three months later. It has gradually dropped to 1.8 (has been at that for last two tests). Appointments now gone from 3 monthly to 6 monthly. My psa will never drop to below 1.0 because my testosterone is back (thank God!). 

I had 37 sessions of RT Sep 12 - Oct 12. PSA 29.9, Gleeson 4 + 5 T3a tumour at DX (Feb 12). 

Hope this puts some new viewers minds a little at rest - keep up the fight everyone! 

sammy

Posted 06 March 2014 09:34:48

Great input Sammy. 

Could you let me know how long you were on HT in total and how quickly your Testosterone recovered after you stopped? 

All the best everyone. 

Dave C

Posted 06 March 2014 09:41:17

Had one dose of Zoladex (a real passion killer!) then 5 months on Casodex, having final dose on last day of RT. Testosterone back to normal 2 months later. 
Hope this helps. 

Regards 

sammy

Posted 24 March 2014 16:18:37

Everyone, 

I visited my GP surgery for a routine blood test for Kidney function 10 days ago, and the nurse said I was due for a PSA test, which was not correct, but I let it go ahead anyway. 
Got the results today, less than 0.1! Finally made it, and I have been off HT for 10 weeks now, so needless to say, I am delighted, and the celebrations have started already! Nearly three years of treatment to get "undetectable"; a long haul. Now waiting for the HT effects to start to go away: no sign yet though. 

Those of you starting on this road, take heart! 

Thanks to everyone for their support! 

Cheers, 

Peter

Posted 24 March 2014 16:27:50

Hi Peter. 

Thanks for sharing this with us. Really pleased for you. We can continue to compare notes as hopefully the HT side effects start to decline. 

Enjoy your celebrations. 

Cheers 

Dave C

Posted 24 March 2014 16:51:09

Hi Peter 

Great news [:D] 

Its a long road but worth it. Trust me the HT effects will wear off.[:I] My OH has been off HT for over 12 months now and although there are some lasting effects, I think they are to do with the RT rather than the HT. 

So I am not sure what he can blame his grumpiness on now !! [:o)] 

He is busy with his RT friend planning a golf day to raise money for a local trust which funds research into RT - and supports the Dr who gave him the chance to go the RT route despite being dx with having bone mets. 

People need to know there are more options for them. 

Have a good celebration xxxx 

Posted 24 March 2014 21:09:10

Hi Peter, 

Great news[:D] ,thank you for the posting, lets hope it stays that way for a very long time. 

my six monthly is this Thursday at 1100. at the R Marsden will post on here 

BEST WISHS ALL 

BARRY

Posted 27 March 2014 21:01:13

Hi to all RTr's 

Just a post on here as well 

Attended at the Royal Marsden and Prof E gave me the good news that my PSA was still 0.04 and she would see me again in Jan 2015, 
I am to stay on ADT for a total of three years after RT which finish's on Dec 2014 

All in all good news 

BEST WISHS ALL 

BARRY

Posted 27 March 2014 21:05:24

Great news Barry. Thanks for sharing. 

Take care, 

Dave C

Posted 04 April 2014 16:18:49

Just got back from seeing my Onco at Clatterbridge for 
blood results after finishing RT about 3 weeks ago , 
From a PSA 27 in November 2013 to PSA 0.8 today [:D] 
I would like to thank all the members on here for posting all 
the info i needed and the staff at all the 6 hospitals i have attended 
over the last 8 months , well i'm off to celebrate now with my first Cheese on toast in about 6 months [:p]

Posted 04 April 2014 16:22:20

Great news Dave. 

Enjoy the snack. 

Cheers 

Dave C

Posted 04 April 2014 17:44:24

Great news Dave... not so sure about the Cheese on toast though..I'd go for a glass or 6 of something good.... 

Great result! 
Cheers, 

Peter

Posted 04 April 2014 18:41:19

Hi Dave, 

Hope the PSA will continue to stay low 
Agree with Peter about the wine[;)] 

BEST WISHS ALL 

BARRY

Posted 04 April 2014 19:17:09

Thanks guy's [:)] 
Well i did'nt enjoy the cheese the way i thought i would . 
So i think i will go with your advice ... bottoms up everybody [:D]

Posted 17 May 2014 14:27:37

I am now 2 years on after finishing radiotherapy. I had my 6 monthly PSA test this week and it is <0.03 again. This is good news but that PSA is a bit of a false indicator as I am still on HT. I am seeing my consultant In June and he will probably take me off it. All in all I have had 3 years of HT ( 8 months before RT, 2 months of RT and 26 months post RT).

Gary

Posted 17 May 2014 16:46:31

Hi Gary,

Great news, thank you for posting,let us know if Onco takes you of HThttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/resource.ashx?u=10298&upd=635567731833519946

Posted 18 May 2014 19:49:28

Hello Gary,

Great number on the PSA...... I am only tested to +- 0.1.

If I were you, I'd give the HT a rest, and see what happens, but insist on regular PSAs and also Testosterone if  you wish.    Looks like you are in the "cured" camp with me! Let us hope!  I am hoping I might feel like a "man" again soon!

Cheers,

Peter

Posted 19 May 2014 10:14:38

HI Gary,

Just want to echo what Peter has posted.

My last HT jab was late December. Not sure I'm feeling a great deal of change yet other than afternoon fatigue which is much improved.

Cheers

Dave C

Posted 11 June 2014 15:25:54

I saw my oncologist yesterday and he told me to come off the HT and that he will be discharging me and passing me over to my GP. I am to have blood tests every 6 months and do nothing unless my PSA gets to 2. Then my doctor has to refer me back. He told me that when the testicles start working again then my PSA will rise but should plateau before it reaches 2.0. He also said it is a good chance that we have rid the PCa and that he hopes we won't see each other again.

Is that the case for everybody else who have come off the HT ie the PSA rises then plateaus and don't panic if under 2?

The other thing is I have hardly posted on here since the change as I cannot get my head around it. When I log in I can only see a list of a handful of threads and for some reason this is one of them. I am hoping someone will be able to show me where I am going wrong when I come down to Leicester.

Gary

Posted 11 June 2014 15:32:03

Gary, what fantastic news - I look forward to huddling with you over an ipad at M-o-t-s x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard 

Posted 11 June 2014 16:29:05

That's 1 in the eye for PCa. Well done. I hope you had a good celebration.

Stay Calm And Carry On.

Posted 11 June 2014 18:10:50

Hi Gary,

"Is that the case for everybody else who have come off the HT ie the PSA rises then plateaus and don't panic if under 2?"

Yes, if you still have a prostate, albeit cooked by R/T.

Have a look at Ray's profile to see possible fluctuations due to prostate tissue that has repaired itself after R/T.

Great result. Well done.

Posted 21 June 2014 20:40:04

Hi Gary

well done http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/resource.ashx?u=10298&upd=635567731833519946

I hope to come off HT this Xmas after 3 years on HThttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/resource.ashx?u=10298&upd=635567731833519946

Posted 27 June 2014 13:15:00

Hi all. 

0.3 reading again this morning. Just in time for the summer break :)

Hope you are all doing well. 

Shireen x

Posted 28 June 2014 20:57:00

Hello Everyone,

Not sure I can handle the new site, but just wanted to let you know my PSA last week is still "less than 0.1" even though I have been off HT now for 6 months.  Good news is PSA level: bad news is I still feel like I am on HT..... perhaps that will get better in time!  Good luck to you all, and please keep posting results.  Good news Gary. Sorry to have missed you at Leicester this year... perhaps next year?

Cheers all,

Peter

Posted 29 June 2014 09:13:57

Hi Peter,

Good news about your PSA level.

I see you have been off HT for 6 months and you are still feeling the side effects. I can only speak for myself but I have been on HT Prostat for 3 periods of several years since October 2000. Taking account of hormone holidays - I prefer this phrase to intermittent HT - it comes out like 7 years on HT and 7 years off.  After coming off HT in 2007 I still had some of the side effects for about 12 months, which I think is not unusual. I started my latest hormone holiday in March 2014. See my profile.

You mentioned the new site, well you are certainly not alone in not being happy with it. If you have any particular problems let Sadie know. It will be 2 months next week since the new site started. It would be good to have an update from someone to let us know what changes have been made. what changes will be coming through and what things cannot be fixed.

Alan

Edited by member 29 June 2014 11:51:42  

Posted 29 June 2014 19:17:59

Hi Shireen and Peter,

Good news indeed,

Keep posting .

I often think of Henry Sharp who made the first posting on this thread, I did email once but got no response

Posted 10 July 2014 21:17:04

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post my latest result. PSA still undetectable (<0.1).Last HT jab was 7 months ago and I'm definately feeling a big change in side-effects.

Joint and muscle aches are much reduced and I feel a litle stronger. Moobs no longer sore.

My Oncologist has told me that I will be discharged to Urology if my PSA remains low when next tested next February.

Take care everyone.

Cheers

Dave C

PS. Our daughter will have our second Grandchild in December. We're completely thrilled.

Posted 11 July 2014 20:58:46

Dave,
best news I have heard all day keep it coming

Posted 17 October 2014 15:53:20

Hello All,

Had an unexpected PSA test last week... result still less than 0.1 - great news. Still have a lot of the side effects, but have asked for a Testosterone test in Jan,

Cheers All,
Peteo