I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Publications

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 11:06

I recently completed what I thought was a survey I received with the magazine. I thought I was putting topics in the order I found most interesting. I have now received an email confirming despatch of my "order" for seven publications I don't want. Have I misread the "survey" or is this a con? I'm not aware of providing bank details and haven't paid any money.

Thanks,

Tommy.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 13:03

Hi Tommy,

I’m so sorry about this. First of all, please don’t worry, you definitely won’t be charged for any information materials as they are free.

You’re referring to the response form you received with Progress magazine? Assuming you didn’t tick the boxes on the front of the form under ‘send me free information materials’ it’s possible that the company who process the forms for us have made a mistake.

My colleague Catherine will contact them to find out what has happened and try to stop them sending out the order if it’s not too late.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Jen

Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 15:15

Hi All,

We’ve looked into the problem Tommy mentioned in his post this morning – that having filled out the survey on the back of the response form sent out with Progress magazine, he received an email confirming that information materials he hadn’t ordered were being despatched. We have a new company processing the forms and it seems this has been caused by a technical glitch in their system, which their developers are working on.

The important thing to know is that despite what the email says, if you have just responded to the survey questions, there are definitely no information materials on their way to you. Unless you also ordered them. And just to confirm again – our prostate information materials are all free of charge.

The problem will definitely be sorted out before the next magazine goes out and hopefully a very long time before that. We’re really sorry for any confusion or worry this has caused.

Thanks,

Jen

User
Posted 30 Jan 2015 at 14:25

Thanks for your help. I didn't need the publications but was more concerned that the company (Mosaic) would be wasting money sending them out to everyone who completed the survey.