Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

UNSUNG HERO

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 15:03

Dear Friends,

As I approach 10 years of my own PCa battle, I can look back and remember so many men (and women) who have given so much support to fellow cancer fighters, and taken the time to get the message out there to all.

Nick Wright, Marketing Communications Manager for PCUK publishes a blog here, and this month has highlighted the efforts of one man, Alan Taylor (or ART as most of you know him).

Although I've known Alan (my fellow Geordie) for a long time, I never realised the extent of his work over so many years.

Thank you Nick, for publishing this in your blog:

(CLICK HERE)>>>>>>10 years, One man, and a Mission

Alan, you really are an unsung hero.

Here's to many more years,

Stay well my friend,

George

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 16:20

Wonderful blog and great validation for all Alan's fine work. Well worth a read.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 16:57

Met him I think at the "flyer" ... Really nice guy !

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 18:31

George thanks for the post.

Alan over the years I've read your posts. All of which showed your determination to bring PSA issues to a wide audience. The blog highlights just how well you have achieved that. Well done to you.

Give the blog a read folks.

Regards

Ray

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 19:16
"It sometimes takes a lone voice to make the roar of a lion and get the attention of every person in earshot."

Alan you are a lion among Men and a true hero as George so rightly says long may your voice continue to be heard and thankyou so much for all that you do.

xx

MandyMo

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 19:26

Well done Alan...Having had the opportunity to chat with you last year I suspect you will be embarrassed by all this praise...but it is worthy praise indeed.

Keep.up the fantastic work you are doing

Bri

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 20:52
Wonderful, well done, Alan.
User
Posted 28 Jan 2015 at 01:07

A very dedicated man, hadn't realized the extent of his involvement but some of his reports on this forum have been very detailed, well researched and prepared with great care. He is due a big 'Thank you' for all he has done and is doing.

Barry
User
Posted 28 Jan 2015 at 07:43

I am always pleased to see a post from Art - thank you x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Jan 2015 at 17:40

Highly deserved recognition for Alan.

Always reliable on questions & answers here.

And thanks George for posting this.

User
Posted 28 Jan 2015 at 17:53

Totally agree George! http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 28 Jan 2015 at 20:20

Hi

All of this was unexpected. First, being asked by Nick if he could do a blog about me then watching as the Blog built up with comments from Nick, George, Ray and Eddie, and my own small contribution, was a new experience. So a big thank you to them. I would also like to thank all of you who have responded to the Blog with kind comments which are very much appreciated!

The Blog includes statistics about some of my awareness activities over the last 10 years which were linked to UKPC’s Awareness Week, Awareness Month and now the annual National Campaign. All of my activities were possible because of the help given by many people in PCUK so, once again, thank you for that support over the years.

Alan

User
Posted 29 Jan 2015 at 00:53

Well done Alan!

User
Posted 29 Jan 2015 at 02:26
Alan,

You've certainly helped me with useful information since I've joined this site.

I want to thank you for all the time you have spent over the years raising awareness of PCa, I'm sure every member of this forum feel the same.

Best Wishes,

Steve.