I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer

User
Posted 01 Feb 2015 at 10:33

I m 54 years old. From 2008 I was performed 3 biopsis all of them negative for cancer but with ASAP and high grade PIN. My psa screening was elevated all this time . Last January it was 21,57 n/grms. I was performed a new biopsis with 25 cores. They found 2 of them with adenocarcinoma 3+3 =6 score in Gleanson score. On the left lobe they found one core  very suspicious for adenocarcinoma.

I was recomended to be treated . I m not sure what therapetic procedure to follow: Brachytherapy or robotic radical prostatectomy. I m interesting in keeping my sexual function and bladder good function.

Tks

User
Posted 01 Feb 2015 at 19:09

Hi geo welcome to the group nobody really wants to join, both procedures come with side effects and everybody responds differently , best of luck Andy

User
Posted 01 Feb 2015 at 22:49

Hello Geo.

There are a number of men on here who have had Brachytherapy and radical prostatectomy.
It is a very personal decision to make.

I don't know whether you have already done so, but the "Toolkit" from the publication section on this site can be very helpful.

If you go back to the home page, click on "Publications" and scroll down you will be able to put tick against the booklets you want sent to you.
They are free of charge.

Hopefully other members will be along at some stage to offer their advice too

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 03 Feb 2015 at 00:46

Hi Geo,

Also, if you use the search facility you can find conversations on various treatments.

Barry