Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Surgery has been scheduled

User
Posted 16 Mar 2015 at 11:20

Thanks Lyn and Mo. I think the urology practice nurse will in time broach this subject with us and I appreciate the information given here. The surgeon was not really as clear as I would have liked about why he did not save the nerves. I think he made a comment that it was difficult because of Erwell's shape which I took to mean his rather large middle and a long cut was required. The practice nurse mentioned a pump during one visit prior to the surgery and jokingly said that many men are much older than Erwell who come forward to request one. I am hoping all of this will become clearer as time passes. Georgina

User
Posted 16 Mar 2015 at 13:39

Grea

I was "supposedly" non nerve sparing and was given sildenafil post surgery by my ED consultant. My surgeon said it would not work. Nine months post op following partial tumescence my surgeon has prescribed daily 100mg of sildenafil, the results were encouraging with 50-70 per cent erections. Even without any medication I do get some stirrings down below. Unfortunately I have suspended taking the sildenafil tablets while trying out medication for an acid indigestion / reflux problem. Prior to any medication on a very few occasions I achieved useable erections after passing hard motions, not uncommon apparently.

My surgeon explained that there are a network of nerves around the prostate and it is possible some have survived.

The following is an extract from a North American Medical web site. 

"ED from a non-nerve-sparing procedure is common and recovery of erectile function after a non-nerve-sparing technique is unlikely though not impossible."

As Lyn suggests keep it active.

Thanks Chris