I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Husband passed away 24 January

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 10:15

After a 3 year battle with metastatic prostate cancer my darling husband passed away on 24 January.  The last 6 months were hell for him after having spinal cord compression in October - a course of radiotherapy and 1 session of chemo.  On 26 October he was rushed in to hospital with a perforated bowel and had to have emergency surgery.  He had peritonitis, a colostomy bag, 2 blood clots on the lung and pneumonia.  After 5 weeks in critical care he amazingly pulled through and was allowed home at the beginning of December.  We spent his last Christmas together as a family but he deteriorated quickly after this and spent the last few weeks bedridden and in a lot of pain.  He had a 3 day stint in hospital with high calcium levels in early January so had an infusion.  In hindsight I should never allowed this - it was traumatic for him to be moved and a week after getting home he was taken in to the hospice where he died 3 days later.  I would like say that he was peaceful at the end but he wasn't.  He was in a lot of pain and to see my husband die in so much pain which just could not be controlled was terrible.  I was with him at the end and to be honest it was a relief that he finally succumbed.  He did not want to go and fought it until the very end.  This is such a horrible cancer.

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 16:57

That is so sad. Really sorry to read of all your suffering and thinking of you.

Glen

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 17:28

So sorry for your loss and terrible that he had to be in such pain till the end

Sincerest condolences

Bri

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 17:35

Very sorry for your sad loss.

Reading this brings back memories of how my father suffered in the last 6 months of his life.

Please accept my sincere condolences

Luther

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 18:11

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes.

Condolences to you and your family. To have to watch a loved one suffer like this must be heartbreaking. I hope you will all be able to recall the good times with fondness as you rebuild your lives.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 19:02

I am sad to read of your loss and that your husband's medical team could not get his pain under control.

Please accept my my condolences and best wishes for the future.

Andrew

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 19:20

So So sorry to read this,

they at least should have got his pain under control,

regards Barry

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 19:40
So terribly sorry to hear of your sad loss, more sorry to hear he was in so much pain at the end.
User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 20:26

Lost for words Jannyjam, saying sorry seems so banal when you have suffered so much.

I wish you peace in your heart and mind. The pain for you will ease even though the loss will always be there, but I hope and pray that the love you had for, and shared with, each other will give you strength in the coming months.

My condolences and best wishes
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 21:45

Janny Jim,

Please accept my sincere condolences , my heart goes out to you and your family and for your hubby to have suffered so terribly is the worst thing imaginable . We all want our loved one's to pass gently . Sadly this is not always the case. Take heart that he is now at peace.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 22:14
I am so sorry that you all have suffered, your loss can't not be explained away in reason or manner, I am so sad for you and family, I hope you find peace from remembering the good times, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 22:20

Sincere condolences. No one should go through this in this day and age.

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 23:12

Sad news indeed. May he rest in peace now!

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 23:26

I'm really sorry to hear of your sad news.  It should never happen that way. 

Love Steve.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 00:01

Jannyjam, so sorry to hear this. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Having the end game played out like that is what we all fear.
We are thinking of you at this time.

Kevin

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 10:53

Jannyjam, my sincere condolences.   It is sad that you both had to endure so much but your love comes through and will bring you comfort in days to come.  El.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 13:59
Jannyjam

Sorry to here of your loss, my thoughts are with you.

Chris
User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 14:22

And yet another young man has died, Ray, jannyjam's husband, so very sad, please take heart that you have all your fond memories of your life together, R I P Ray, you WILL be remembered.

Chris.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 18:41
Jannyjam I am so very sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences to you and your family RIP Ray.
Xx
Mo
User
Posted 09 Feb 2015 at 09:54

My heart goes out to you,

Fiona. x

User
Posted 10 Feb 2015 at 01:22

My sincere condolences. Terrible what he went through.

Barry
User
Posted 10 Feb 2015 at 09:19

BIG HUG.

dl