Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

10 years and still going strong

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 15:40
Hello all .

I have not been on this site for a while,my PSA seems to be going up now, I've had PC for 10 years so having a good run.would like to hear from anyone who might remember my name

Brian 2

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 22:42
Hi Brian, I am a newby of 4 months here so sorry I didn't know you however just the fact that you are still here 10 years in is a comfort to me even if our histories have little in common so thanks for posting, I wish you well , Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 18:57

Hi Brian

No idea where my post went to. Well done on 10yrs.

Ray

User
Posted 09 Feb 2015 at 19:30

Hi Brian,

Long time no see!

Yes, I remember you well, and I'm glad to hear you're still going strong.

March 24th will mark my own 10 years, but sadly, since those early days of our postings, we have lost many many good men who you knew well.

But we'll never forget the help they gave us at the time we needed it most.

Here's to another 10 yrs for you!

All the best,

George

Edited by member 10 Feb 2015 at 18:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 13:48
Hi George.

I remember you well yes we have lost some good men, so it's 10 years for you soon

How are you keeping ? My PSA is going up now so expecting I shall be put on some more drugs I never thought I would have kept going as I have,I suppos you might be thinking the same !

Take care

Brian 2

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 13:51
Hi Ray.

I also remember you how are you keeping ? Hope your ok we have to just keep going no choice !

Brian 2

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 14:09

Brian, it's good to see you back and 10 years down the line, I'm only 9 years since surgery, see onco on Friday, I'm not sure how long ago you looked in, but you can see from my Absent Friends 2, 3 and 4 just how many we have lost, all their names will be remembered.

Do you mean that you aren't on any medication at present ? If so well done.

All the best,

Chris.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 16:29
Hi Chris.

I had RT plus Zoladex my PSA was 78 over the years changed to prostap which I have had all these years, maybe later on in this year I might have to go on Bicalutamide this drug I do not know much about anyway it will be taken with prostap to get my PSA down as at the moment it seems to be on its way up again.maybe your journey is different to mine ?

Brian 2

Edited by member 11 Feb 2015 at 16:32  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Feb 2015 at 10:44

Hello Brian, mobile issues on here delayed my reply.

I’m doing well thus far, off treatment for 6 years but as my profile shows PSA spikes at times to near the return to treatment level – how long can one’s luck hold (smiling).

I can recall over the years you have had other health issues as well, some I believe brought on my treatment, so you have done very well. Keep doing that.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 09 Nov 2015 at 10:08

How are you doing Ray ?
Brian 2

User
Posted 09 Nov 2015 at 10:11
Hi Chris.

Back again ! How are you doing ?

Brian 2

User
Posted 09 Nov 2015 at 11:34

Hello Brian

Good to read your post. Hopefully the additional drug will keep that PSA of yours in check. If not there are plenty more tools in the box nowadays than when we started out. I still recall the anguish in those days when those advanced and thier OH where faced with a pretty much empty box but fought bravely on the best they could.

I'm fine thanks, still the same off treatment with a PSA that wanders around a bit. Sometimes I get concerned but then as Chris mentioned there are too many guys we knew who are no longer here. Which is a reminder just how lucky I am.

Good Luck

Ray

User
Posted 09 Nov 2015 at 12:36

Hello Brian,

Good to see you posting again. Did you end up having Bicalutamide added? If so how did it do for you?
I've been on it a few times.

I see Prostap has kept you going all these years.
Did you know that Alan (Art) on these forums has been on and off Prostap for over 15 years now?
It seems to work brilliantly for some men, and I tried it for a few months but changed back to Zoladex.

Hope you're doing well. Like Ray, I'm still around, with a PSA that 'wanders around a bit' but have responded well to intermittent hormone treatment,

I'm three months into my fourth round of HT in ten and a half years, and once again it has brought PSA right down.

So, onwards we 'veterans' go, riding our luck and keeping EVERYTHING crossed!

All the best,

George

User
Posted 09 Nov 2015 at 13:15
Ray.

Nice to hear from you and doing ok,yes a few good men are no longer with us, we remember them.

Brian.

User
Posted 09 Nov 2015 at 13:29
Hi Georrge.

No not on Bicalutarmide yet,my PSA is going up again when it's at 5 then I will then take Bicalutarmide along with Zoladex,when we think of the men no longer with us I think we arelucky to still be here !

Brian.

User
Posted 10 Nov 2015 at 11:18

I know we all have profiles, and there is the negative side, but i would just like to say how reassuring it is to read a bunch of such positive and successful treatments from you guys.

It helps me as I'm sure it does others.

Well done, long may it continue, and that more of us will be contributing posts like yours.